Tourant versus Hoy

BrianS

• Members

29th of January Saturday, 7pm , Manchester Velodrome

Doors open at 5.30pm – Racing starts at 7pm – Racing ends at 10.15pm

Driving down in aftenoon and returning same night. (3hrs drive)

I will take any club member down to this showpiece event FOC ! Hello, beer !!

Entertaining evening of racing with access to track centre to meet the stars in person. Make sure you bring camera !

Catch !!!!! 8-)

Why should I take you ?

Answers in writing on here.....i shall choose story that makes me laugh most. . Winner will be announced on Monday :lol:

PS It may help if you have entered 'Don Smith Memorial' ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Please sir can go PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!

Why :

Cause im the best middle aged pretender in scotland thats why!

Stevie B.

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

• Members

Go on Brian take Stevie PLEASE, it will stop him phoning me as I sit down to enjoy my Saturday night meal and bottle of red. I am sure he has installed a secret camera, as soon as I lift the fork for the first mouthfull he rings me up :rockets

Then I endure a blow by blow account of his Saturday run, thus making me have to eat a cold dinner :angryfire

So please please take him , on condition you dont let him phone me and give a running commentary of the evnts as they happen.

hey Brian as seen on Channel 4 once i will take your dads St Andrews flags and wave them proudly at The event?

Im sure this will help to improve the Braveheart fund as you are the top man for that?

Stevie B.

P.s. what Kenny says above is sadly true

Well Brian Im sure the last thing you would want would be somebody sitting in the seat next to you for all that time telling you about their saturday run so take my advice and take me!!!. I wont tell you about my run cos chances are I wont have been out cos my wee daughter will have been crying all day,I will have had to walk the dog,clean the dishes and finish the rest of the housework.I too could wave a big flag but seeing as Im a bit shorter than Stevie it wont get in your view of the track as easily,if you really want I can flash my Scotland flag on my a** if it would please you!!. So go on Big man lets not just spoil Stevie's saturday night but Kenny's too,there's a wicked streak in all of us!!. Oh ya dancer !

Wee man just you keep turning those pedals!

Stevie B.

• Members

Dougie

I have checked with your coach and sitting in a car for 6 hours isn,t in the plan :shock:

So sorry you cant go :-?

Mark Young confirms that sitting in a car for so long is detrimental to the muscle groups. He is sending you a 16 page computer spreadsheet showing the effects of such a folly.

He does confirm though that washing dishes does burn off calories and is a viable task for your Saturday night.

So stick with the plan Dougie, you know it makes sense

ps me and Stevie operate the make it up as you go plan ( commonly known as :- Roon the mooon and back plan) and this venture fits in neatly with our targets for that week.

Well Kenny that is a very selfish statement as you know that there is only one spot in the car and you want Boring Boy to get it just so that you can get some peace to watch the Agatha Christie film on that night!!,where-as I will just tape it if I go!! :uzi

At the last Braveheart Dinner, which I have to add was a wonderful evening and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

We retired to the Bar after all the proceedings had finished for a bit of a nightcap, Katrina had won the Braveheart rider of the year and was proudly showing off her trophy. After a while Ian Dooley suggested that I put the Glass trophy in his room upstairs for safe keeping, but warning, “Don’t put anything in my Bed, I don’t want to get up there and find cornflakes all over my bed, you better not put anything in my Bed or there will be hell to payâ€

When I returned back to the Bar, He kept going on about his bed, “you can put what you want in Tam’s bed but leave mine aloneâ€.

It worked out that Ian and Tam Gordon where sharing a room that evening. The room contained one double and a single bed and they had been arguing who should get which. Ian had claimed the double bed, but the argument was still going strong

After a few more drinks, I went up to the room to get the trophy, again Ian was going on about this bed. When I arrived at the room door I thought that it was strange, there sitting outside propped to the wall, An Ironing board.

We went home and to be honest I forgot all about it till the next morning when the text’s started arriving, It seems that Ian and Tam both left the bar, still arguing about who’s bed was who’s. At the room door a light hearted scuffle ensued as Tam pushed his way to the front and ran into the room claiming the double bed, YES! He exclaimed and Jumped three foot into the air and landed with an almighty Bang.

The temptation had been too much for me, he landed smack bang on top of the ironing board, which I couldn’t resist putting under the quilt of the Double bed. The look on his face must have been a picture, I know that Ian certainly found it amusing as Tam lay there “Ya Basketsâ€. It seems that it’s the hardest thing Tams had in his bed in years.

………. I know that this hasn’t got anything to do with “Why I want to go the track†and If I be honest I probably won’t be able to go anyway, especially if Tam catches up with me now that the truth is out.

However If you have found the story the funniest, I’d like to nominate Harry Lambie for the place, I know that he’s a great Chris Hoy fan, but unfortunately doesn’t have access to a PC, or I’m sure that one of his own story’s which I know are a lot better, would have been recalled.

Alternatively take Steve and give Kenny an evening of peace and quiet, After all Kenny is getting on a bit and soon to be a Grandad.

• Members

How many folk really want to go?

A contingency back up plan is in the offing Oh ya dancer !

Post here if interested in travelling down.

I have made a plan with Sarah to go down on saturday afternoon hopefully following Brian Smith or meet up with him for directions.

Sarah is a track fan and would love to see it but she has not made up her mind just yet.

So i will travel down with her if its on.

Would like to pay respect to George Hamilton's comments regarding harry Lambie.

Well said George , I would not have thought about that and i know too that big "H" is a Chris Hoy fan!!!! More than me or what i will ever know!

Im sure he would appreciate going down and would be nice for him.

Stevie B.

Hey guys I can't actually go next weekend but just thought I would get involved in a bit of banter.I hope whoever gets to go enjoys themselves.

• Members

had a good laugh... :lol: .....ruling with my head rather than my heart ..... Stevie Blom is the winner for 'pure keeness' ..... Hello, beer !!