Newbie - Foxbar

Hi All

Just joined the forum after seeing alot of the JWCC jerserys going along the cycle track recently and has got me intrested in seeing how the club runs work with a view to joining to see if this is the kind of thing for me. As group riding seems alot more fun that going on long rides solo.

So any information would be great. Would i need to sign up as a member before joining any "club runs"

Edit to add

I've been riding a hybrid bike up until the start of this year when i got a road bike. the road bike is the reason im intrested in the clubs now

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian.

Welcome along Hello, beer !!

Feel free to come along to any club runs. We get a few who come along with friends etc.

Until you do it, you won't know if you like it and you're right, riding in a group is so much better than on your own.

You'll probably have had a look in the club runs section which is where you'll see what's happening.

:grin:

• Life Members

Hello Brian,

Welcome to the club!

If you intend to come along to one of the club runs on the Sunday, then like Ritchie said just keep an eye out on the forum.

At the moment, groups start between 9.00am to 9.15am at the clubroom at the bottom of Miller street in Johnstone.

It might be a good idea to make your intention known by posting on the forum when planning to come along to one of the club runs.

This allow the person organising it to have an idea & he/she could plan accordingly, the more the merrier!

Hope to see you on the road (or cycle path) soon.

Cheers

Chung

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Brian,

Welcome to the club, like the guys said, keep an eye on the Club run section, try to gauge the run you think will suit your fitness levels at the moment, and then best to post to let the rest of the guys know you're planning on coming along... I'm sure you'll find the bunch riding much more fun than being out on your own all the time... Not that riding on your own ain't fun, just not as much fun Oh ya dancer !

Cheers

Ian McGinty

Thanks

I'll make sure to post on the thread i intend to come along to i wouldnt just appear not at first. as for fitness levels and joining the best run. are they clearly marked showing the plan. as for fitness levels i would say mines are ok i've managed a cycle to dunoon from foxbar so far this year,

anyway i look forward to joining you guys in the near future

cheers