Gleniffer braes SXC

Jannza

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jann,

I rode it in 2008 when it was the Scottish Champs event and the course was based at the carpark in the sky. I also did two complteely different courses in 1993/1994(?) down at the bottom of the hill, but I don't think they use them anymore.

The 2008 course was good. Lots of single track, a bit of tech, but not too much. Only issue for me was I did about 5 recce rides in the dry and on the day it rained, which made some of the off camber grass turn leathal. I think I fell off 4 times in the warm up lap! I might have been competative in the dry, well....maybe! :shock:

I'm afraid I can't really describe it, because it winds around the carpark side of the road and then crosses (to the Johnstone side) and then eventually crosses back.

I'm sure there was a link to a map on the SXC site back in 2008, although it may be gone by now.......... In fact, just checked the SXC site and there is a link to the current course - ignore all of the above, it is back down at the bottom of the hill. (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1654 ... Y.facebook)

I seem to remember this being quite muddy and not a much of a single track course, but have not even ridden down at the bottom of the hill since the late 1990's.

Have fun.

R