30 Milers 18-3-12 (Mothers Day!)

GrahamF

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'm being encouraged to get out the house for Mother's Day, so I have found the route below posted by Tony C in 2007 as a suggestion. It avoids most challenging hills! 37 miles in all.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/1293515

Happy to do an alternative route if I'm outvoted, but is anyone else wanting some exercise on what looks like it will be the sunniest day of the weekend?

9:30 at Miller St.

Graham.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good run today of about 40 miles,in splendid weather and company. A few quick climbs to keep the muscles warm and a welcome cafe stop at the Cannie Man after finding all doors closed at Stewarton. It would appear Rendezvous Cafe in Kilmaurs is the only pit stop opened on a Sunday morning in this area and well worth a visit. Hope to be out next Sunday for more of the same. dave and Carol. Mad mouserHello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

thanks to all that helped susan on the way home, that will teach me to think that you were doing 30 miles! . After she got the feeling back in her legs i was out the dog house.It has made her determend to get fitter and faster. Thanks again.

Iain

Hi Iain,

One thing about the 30 milers is that there will always be support. Dave made sure she was not getting on that train at Stewarton. Susan was good company and she showed Dave and I how to get on to the cycle path at Kilbarchan, we have always taken the road from Howwood.

She did exceptionally well considering it was a hilly route. Well done. Hope to see her soon....

:icon_yes