Chain Whip

Kenny Christie

I managed to bend, then snap my chain whip tonite. I've tightened my cassette a smidgin too much and a Tacx tool, being that its made of chocolate, is clearly not up to the job.

Does anyone have a heavy duty, and by that I mean steel or similar chain whip I might borrow? Common-or-garden alloy tools will fold.

Ta.

I think 'Ive got one in me garage Kenny. Just let me know if you need it and I can arrange to be in.

I also have a wee gadgy somewhere that goes into the lockring and braces against the chainstay. Pedal force is used to loosen the lockring but not so sure it good for your chainstay though :roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!

Cheers for the offers guy's. Hello, beer !! Im wary about breaking someone else's tool tho' it really does need to be steel or at least steel plate with hardened pins.

Billy, the force goes through both the whip and the lock-ring tool when I'm removing a cassette. I must have had my porridge when I put this one on tho'

BTW I pm'd you about some kit.

Ive ordered a Park one there, but as I say if yours is steel then I would like a shot of it.

Ta.

• Committee
I think 'Ive got one in me garage Kenny. Just let me know if you need it and I can arrange to be in.

I also have a wee gadgy somewhere that goes into the lockring and braces against the chainstay. Pedal force is used to loosen the lockring but not so sure it good for your chainstay though :roll:

Colin Hello, beer !!

Yes Colin, it is a great gadget to have in your pannier for long distance touring, you can take off a cassette to replace a DS spoke.

But I agree it must be a bit risky for nice carbon frames. Best kept for emergencies only.

Kenny, I've a decent steel whip. PM me if you can't liaise with the others.

Alan