Intermediate Bunch Sunday 6th Nov 0915

Tony

As per November runs list -

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/802272

48 miles, back in Johnstone by about 1300.

Kilbirnie

Largs

West Kilbride

Dalry

Glengarnock

Beith

Bowfield

No cafe stop for me although I dare say one or two individuals will not be able to resist the lure of the Bagel Basket. Incidentally I believe there is a cafe in WK just opened up recently which might be worth a look if you're into that sort of thing:

http://www.s1westkilbride.com/groups/the-cafe-blossom/

Richie

I think the "mandatory mudguard rule" is supposed to be a reminder that mudguards should be the norm in winter, if riding in a bunch. Even on days when it isn't actually raining there is often surface water in many places (puddles take so much longer to evaporate in the cold weather).

However - if we're having a dry spell and the sun has got his hat on, I don't see why you shouldn't bring your summer bike.

Thanks

Tony

PS I'll be riding my summer bike too. It's an exact replica of my winter bike, even down to the SKS P42 mudguards ;-)

Good run eventually.

Heavy fog when I left Glengarnock at 8.30 and regretted the decision to go for oversocks instead of overshoes.

Nearly a decision to make me turn for home but met up with Chung, Tony, Bill and Colin.

The fog lifted in the end and it turned into a nice day.

Just shy of 50 for me so a good day out.

Home for lunch in time for the footy/keep Mrs C happy!

See you soon

John, you have been milking this cold for the best part of two months. Time for you to

man up. I have been fighting the black death for over a month now without so much as

a whimper. Not to mention my intermittent trench toe and snow blindness.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

John, you have been milking this cold for the best part of two months. Time for you to

man up. I have been fighting the black death for over a month now without so much as

a whimper. Not to mention my intermittent trench toe and snow blindness.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

George My Dear Friend,

Thank you for the concern, however when you were detailing your own ailments you omitted to mention one affliction, Foot in Mouth.

John. :grin::grin: