WANTED - Rigid MTB Fork

• 2023 Subscriptions

Looking to turn an old MTB into a commuter and want to put a rigid fork on it. Anyone got anything or any idea of where i could get one at a reasonable price..

Would need to be alloy (as opposed to steel) and preferably black in colour..

Cheers Ian

i have a pair of black forks for mtb. They are 4130 chromoly though. Lite and very strong.

1 1/8" threadless steerer. Its been cut to fit my bike, i will measure it for you.

For both v-brake and IS disc brake.

Yours if you want them..

You might have problems getting a rigid MTB fork that isn't made of steel (or carbon). I have a steel one with 1.125" threadless steerer (uncut), about 400mm axle-to-crown (i.e. not supension-corrected), black in colour...v-brake only, no disc mounts...and of course it has mudguard eyelets 8-) Yours for £15.

I can deliver (as I pass your gaff on my way home from work)

actually thats a good point, if you have a suspension corrected frame you need to get suspention corrected forks, the ones i have arent. I converted my old mtb into a road going mtb for training on the winter roads. I bought those forks and fitted them but they immediatley didnt look right as my frame is designed for 100mm travel forks. Riding it felt really odd and not right. So i bought a pair of alloy suspension corrected rigids and they are really good. Feels perfect now. Got them off ebay for about £35.

But yea, got my schwalbe city jet 1.25s on there too. Its a fast wee bike and dosnt matter toomuch if the weather is crap..

• 2023 Subscriptions

Guys,

Thanks for the advice and offers, i'm going to see a set on Saturday, not sure if they're suspension corrected or not... The bike i have does indeed have a suspension fork, so does that mean i need a corrected fork, i'm not keen to use one if it's gonna look out of place ?

Cheers Ian