Intermediate Bunch Sunday 2nd Oct 0915

Tony

Hi Folks

thinking we might do this:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/717393

...it's 44 miles. Cycle-track, Beith, Barrmill, Stewarton, Fenwick, old A77, Malletsheugh, Neilston, Gleniffer Braes, hame.

One "Hors Catégorie" climb near the end but apart from that not too hilly. The bit between Malletsheugh and Neilston is narrow, windy singletrack road, we might need to single up there. (Last time I rode along it I had a close encounter with an elderly motorist coming in the opposite direction.)

The other suggestion I made on the "October runs list" was that we do a run down to Irvine for the cyclocross but being realistic I won't have time to stay & watch the racing and I guess anyone who wants to do that will probably want to go down by car/train at a time that suits them...

We can talk about it on the day. As always I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Guys

I see M.M. Murderer McAuley is looking for Fresh Blood.

Keep your pets indoors and locked up !

Obviously the protein shakes he takes are just not satisfying his quench for the chase, catch, murder and consumption of Gerbils and other small pets.

Lesson to us all real food is required not just space man powerdered meals.

Eat more pies ( new war cry )

See you Sunday

Mind positive energy ( and hunners of luck ) required for Scotland to defeat the auld enema I mean enemy

Cheers

Stevie

"Steady drizzle" a bit of an understatement. I went down to Miller St at 0915 and there was no-one there, not surprisingly - you could call it a mass outbreak of common sense :roll:

Went out for a couple of hours later on when the rain eased off. Saw quite a lot of flooding, water 6 inches deep across the full width of the road in one or two places.

I have definitely improved since I last went out on a Wheelers ride well over a year ago (with the 30milers) and I'm looking for some Sunday runs that aren't any slower than 13-14mph average speed and that have moderate to slightly moderate plus hillwork. Have ridden a little bit in a chaingang but am a long way from expert in it. How fast do you guys go? I am very familiar with the route you've mentioned on this thread but would average only about 14-15mph over it. Don't want to hold you back.

Cheers

Fiona

ps any girlies go on these rides? (I mean real proper females - not just you being rude about some poor bloke)

• Life Members

Hello Fiona,

I remembered your postings in the past but never manage to meet you in the bunch (or my memory is fading with age). The speed we ride tends to be manageable by everyone that turns up, no one is holding anyone back in these bunch rides. We always regroup after any hills if the group is split, and we do stick as a bunch on the flats.

Mary regularly rides with us, if you want some female company while out.

Hope to see you out again soon.

Regards