Confined Events League

Phil Malcolm

Hi all,

Shoot me down if this is a terrible idea, but I've been messing around in Excel with all the confined events results from this year in order to come with a proposal for a league for next season... just a bit of fun you understand.

My idea is to give out points based on times recorded each week (with all events weighted equally) to give people a bit of an incentive to turn out each week and to have a bit of friendly competition right down the board.

The ranking system I came up with was

1st. 100pts

2nd. 90pts

3rd. 80pts

4th. 75pts

5th. 70pts

6th. 65pts

7th. 60pts

8th. 55pts

9th. 50pts

10th 45pts

and 1 point down from every place from there (ie 11th is 44pts, 12th 43pts etc). There is a bonus 10 pts for a PB on any course.

We used to do this at Velo Club Cumbria and even split it into smaller competitions based on age group, distance, courses etc. All for fun, just to reiterate.

I'm happy to crunch the numbers for next year adn/or post up the stuff I've done on this seasons races to date for people to get a clearer idea of how it would work or suggest improvements.

I'm not trying to step on anyones toes here, if somebody else is already doing it or there's no appetite, I'm happy to leave it.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Phil,

At the moment most of the events have scoring/ranking anyway (i.e. - 10tt league, chocolate series, hilly tts, 25tts, and then one off champ races, such as the 10tt, hill climb and 2-up). So while we are generally covered, it may be fun to see who is the most consistent confined event rider of the year?!?

Only conflict I can see would be the Chocolate series, where a lot of people don't qualify to ride for the series, but ride the event for training.

Only other slight negative is that there are already prizes given out at the club presentation for a lot of events already (above plus many more), so it would add a bit more admin.

If there is enough interest, then I'll bring it up at the next Committee Meeting.

Cheers,

R

who is the most consistent confined event rider of the year?!?

Current top 10 (on the still to be ratified Malcolm method) is...

Kenny C - 1315 Pts

Mark O - 1199 Pts

Phil Malcolm -1105 Pts

Ben Peacock - 1040 Pts

Iain Cowden - 1018 Pts

Greg Balden - 920 Pts

Ramsay Muirhead - 855 Pts

James McDonald- 730 Pts

David T- 585 Pts

Mike Ferguson - 585 Pts

I think what this shows us is that 90% of success is showing up.