Training at Irvine 'cross course

DavieB

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Definitely interested. I would like to try the course out before the big day just to get an idea of what it will be like. Thursday 22nd looks a good possibility. Where exactly will we be meeting? I don't know the area particularly well, but could probably find the car park as used for the event in January.

James

Hi James,

The meeting place is at the "Big Ideas" car park in Irvine which is not actually the one used during the race which is the "Dragon" car park. Follow signs for the Magnum but drive past it and park at the furthest car parks towards the beach and you will see the guys meeting at 7:30.

Be warned you need BIG lights - I ended up riding in the pitch dark last week with a decent but not spectacular Cateye whilst the rest of the guys had proper off road lighting rigs - you will need the latter!!

I am waiting delivery of a proper light set but I do not think I will get before Thursday so I may not be along this week or may go down earlier 6:30ish, so if you are interested in seeing the course I could might you early on for a few laps.

D