sunday 29 Glenfruin

Guest EPCC

Guest EPCC

How about a trip over the north side of the river up the glenfruin road lochside balloch bridge home 65 miles I think

Depart miller street 0915 bridge 0945 only one hill of note

• Members

I was going to suggest something similar but you beat me to it again, Billy! :grin: Could we maybe combine Glen Fruin with Glen Douglas (if the weather's half-decent.) Big chunks of the Glen Douglas road have been resurfaced. It's smooooooooth.

The route would go something like:

Johnstone >> Bridge >> Dumbarton >> Alexandria >> Arden roundabout >> Glen Fruin >> Up the side of Loch Long >> Glen Douglas >> Balloch (avoiding the A82 by using minor roads and the cycle track as much as possible.)

• Members

Billy, incorporating Glen Douglas would be about 60 miles bridge to bridge, so 80 miles from the clubrooms and back to Johnstone.

So Richard,

How many times have you been up Glen Douglas (OOOOOO ERRRRR MRS :oops: ) since we took you up there last year then???????

Colin Hello, beer !!

All right, Mr H? Are you trying to take credit for matchmaking me and Glen Douglas? (And after all my moaning about the steepness of that climb, too!) :-P In fairness, I had been there on hillwalking trips before you took me on my bike. So I knew about the lovely scenery. I just didn't know about that hellish switchback on the Loch Long side that I'm suggesting we ride up on Sunday.

But to answer your question - once on the bike on my tod; twice in a car for hillwalking (which is how I know about the resurfaced road.) :grin:

I will join you at the start but will be doing a much shorter route of 40 miles or so, aiming to be back in Johnstone by midday. I'll say my goodbyes at the bridge - if anyone else is short of time and wants to join me I'd be glad of the company.

Forecast looks good - 13 degrees and no rain. I might even wear shorts 8-)8-)8-)

Guest EPCC

Truncated run today group of 6 headed out in a lovely day not went over the .orthodox side of the bridge but just went to Sinclair street 51 miles all in