Wanted: quill stem

• Members

Does anyone have a quill stem for a 1" threaded steerer? I'm looking for something around 90mm in length, silver metal, with a 26mm or 26.4mm clamp. It must have an expander wedge. The old-fashioned plug that features on many vintage Cinelli stems is no good to me.

Can pay in cash or - perhaps more excitingly - arrange some sort of swap from my parts drawer. :-)

Ta for reading.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard,

I might have something to suit, but not going to have a chance to have look until the end of the week. I do know I definitely have a black one, but think I may also have silver.

Will let you know.

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Richard,

My memory must be going! A wee bit of help. I only have a black 1" quill stem, which is about 120mm (which you are welcome to if you want).

I could have sworm I had a shorter silver one!! :roll:

Cheers,

R

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi RIchard,

Found a scuffed 100mm Cinelli silver stem in the garage. Not sure if this would suit you: it has a plug like this one -

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cin ... m-ec021170

It's there if you want it - a donation to the Jet's box of bits from your box of bits welcome in exchange.

• Members

Hi, Martin.

I really need an expander wedge (like the one below.) The stem I'm trying to remove just now is a Cinelli with a plug. It doesn't agree with the head tube on my frame - murder to get in and out, and tends to move when in use. :roll:

Thanks for replying.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cinelli/xe-quill-stem-ec018242

• 5 weeks later...