Sports Massage Tuesday Nights

Susi

Hi there,

My name is Susanna (Susi )Semple - some of you might know me from Georgetown Road TT's....

Anyway, I am part-way through a course in Sports Massage. As part of the course, I need to log 100 hours of practice, and so I need bodies - of all ages and abilities - to practice on! Kenny has very kindly allowed me to use the Wheelers clubhouse on a Tuesday night from 7-9pm (during turbo session) for this, for the next 6 weeks.

So, it would be great if you would come down and help me out - there will be no charge. All you need to bring is a t-shirt and running-type shorts. To make it a bit organised, you can book 'slots' on The Bunch by posting a message. Slots will be 30mins long.....so the first 7-7.30pm, then 7.30 - 8pm, and so on.

If you have any questions about anything, you can email me on [email protected]. I look forward to meeting you and you can hopefully look forward to the benefits of a sports massage! Oh ya dancer !

• Members

It nearly makes me want to take up turboing :shock:

just so I can say I got a massage from a sexy young girl ;-)

Seriously though - I would advise all to try and get along for a sports massage. The benefits are worthwile and I am sure once you have experienced a good sports pre or post race massage you will be looking to book a regular session with Susi once she qualifies.

Its no coincidence that every top cycle team has a full time masseur as part of the team. Even us teachers have a full time massage team who visit regularly during the term, helps relieve the days tensions and stresses.

Thanks to Susi for giving the members a chance to try out her services.

kenny MacD

Hi there Scott,

It really doesn't matter if you've shaved your legs or not. It may be a little easier with silky smooth legs, but it's your choice! I do think it a little unrealistic to be expecting every person I massage to have shaved their legs...even cyclists!

Also to All,

PLEASE NOTE that I will be in Cardiff at the next instalment of my sports massage course on the Tuesday following this one (19th October). Therefore I obviously won't make it down to the club then, but please feel free to book up the slots on the following Tuesday, (26th October).

Cheers,

Susi

Susi put me in my place tonight folks as she explained that me calfs are a mess.

Ok we can all ride bike's n all but do we all know the importance of stretching and looking after our muscles etc.????

So i have now learned that stretching and proper treatment as what we got tonight can help increase your overall performance.

Hopefully we can get more punters down in 2 weeks time to support her in her

course.

Thanks again Susi Oh ya dancer !

Cheers

Stevie B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computing needs, new machines, spares & repairs - the Yellow Computer Shop, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

The massage sessions are going really well.

There is space for a few new people next Tuesday - 9 Nov.

Please let me know if you 're interested - you can put a message on the forum or email me.

Don't be shy - it's all very professional and its a free massage - go on!!

Susi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Susi,

Can I have a session next Tuesday - let me know which times are available...

Vicky

For all your computer needs, spares & repairs - PC Express, Love Street, Paisley   0141-561-0323

Herlo!

Vicks, for next Tuesday - I have only 1 slot left up for grabs - 8-8.30pm, if that suits.

Or there's always the following week?

Susi

Ok, my final post, probably! :-(

Next Tuesday will be my final one down at the Wheelers, cos i'm starting my first full time physio job at Ayr Hospital the following week.

SO - last chance to get a booking. there's not been an awful lot of interest, interestingly. I suppose all you cyclist types are awful shy! or busy, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who's supported me, especially Kenny MacD for letting me have access to the club house and members (!). I gained valuable experience and met lots of lovely people, who I look forward to seeing during the cycling season :lol:

Cheers for now,

Susi Hello, beer !!

Hi Susi ,

Book me in for a final session next tuesday!

I will be on time as im 1730 exit out of work Oh ya dancer !

Many thanks for all your efforts im the others are thankfull too.

regards

Stevie B

Im sure the others will be thankfull to !!!

All the best with your new job.

Cheers

Steve B.

if it's possible Susi could I have an after roller session massage please as the other ones I've had have been pre session thanks.

that is of course if no one else fancy's a shot.

cheers.

c u tues whether i'm on your table or not.