Track Training/racing

Iain M

There is aTrack league starting in June and likely location being neither pollock on grass - the purpose of this grass track league is to give the track officials (Comms, Time Keepers, Lap Counters, Hudders / Pushers) qualified / experience so when the velodrome is opened in 18mths we have a ready made weekly track league, thus hitting the ground running. In order for this to work properly we need to have support from all the WoSCA clubs to share the responsibility of running the events. So they will be needing a pool of volunteers to help on a rotational basis run the weekly meets.

Any racers/volunteers?

• Members
From an earlier post names interested in track racing - so far are;

Richard, Wullie C, Lancelogan, Jim D, Charlie and Matthew, Kenny S, Ramsay M, Rbinnie, Billy, Jannza, Jonathon, Iain C.

8-)

To be honest, I'd rather take the train to Edinburgh than ride on grass in Glasgow. :-? Still interested in the track generally, though, and planning to ride in the Meadowbank track league once Flanders and the Etape Caledonia are out of the way.

Btw, should anyone hear of a track frameset for sale (57cm or thereabouts), feel free to get in touch. I've discovered numerous "bargains" on eBay over the last few months, only for the price to skyrocket at the last-minute. This hankering for the boards may yet prove to be a whim so I don't want to spend a fortune.

Richard

I gotta admit i prefer the idea of Meadowbank (well London really) but can def see the sense in getting our act together at all levels for Glasgow opening

Btw, should anyone hear of a track frameset for sale (57cm or thereabouts), feel free to get in touch. I've discovered numerous "bargains" on eBay over the last few months, only for the price to skyrocket at the last-minute. This hankering for the boards may yet prove to be a whim so I don't want to spend a fortune.

guessed it was you that keeps putting the price up then Nothing's THAT funny !

Hello, beer !!

Richard B