Mark Young

Stevie Blom

Hi al!

Would anyone be interested in getting Mark Young back to the club rooms for another go at the King roller test?

As it was a 1st time for me last time it gave me an idea how fit i was.

For anyone that doesnt know about it , this roller test gives you all the details you need such as :

Maximum Heart rate

Power output

cadence

works out if 1 foot is working harder than the other etc etc

maybe some other members can explain how they got on and what it done for them.

An all round fitness index score

Form what i can remember its £15.oo per person.

Stevie B

• 2024 Subscriptions

Although I didn't get tested 1st time round, I would be interested this time.

Incidentally, Mark has posted on the SCU website an invitation to get him/and others to come and give some talks on what people shopuld be doing in the off season if they want to race/improve. :uzi

What do folks think?

• 2024 Subscriptions
Although I didn't get tested 1st time round, I would be interested this time.

Incidentally, Mark has posted on the SCU website an invitation to get him/and others to come and give some talks on what people shopuld be doing in the off season if they want to race/improve. :uzi

What do folks think?

here's the message from the SCU site:

My suggestion is a Club night (or series) where I and/or others come along and as a group to show how to put an annual programme together. By the end of the night the intention being that a framework for your next season would be put together.

What do you think?

Mark Young

BC level 2 Club Coach

SCU Junior Road Manager/Coach

I would be interested in talking with Mark about setting up an annual programme,but not so much for another test as I found that although I was given quite a detailed printout I did not really get a thorough explanation as to what the figures meant and what to do to improve areas where maybe I was not so strong.I feel I benefited more from the evenings with Brian Smith who covered the basic set up of your bike and in general his racing experience.Mark is very knowledgeable and experienced too but I feel that for most of us we need him to start at the basics and work from there.

Hi All,

I have read your posts with great interest.

I would like to thank you all for letting me put you on the rack during the early part of this year. For some it was the first time they had been subjected to such torture :grin:

What do you get from one of these tests?

Only if you can be tested on a regular basis are they really of any use to most. 3 times a year is best. Before starting base training(reference) after the base period(progress) and just after the season(highest). You can be tested more often but this should be sub max so as not to disrupt training regimes too greatly.

There is of course nothing wrong with only doing it occasionally to see where you stand versus your contemporary peers or in the cycling world as a whole. It may spur you on(or not!) to think about employing new ways to train. Or it may just tell you that you were where you wanted to be.

On the subject of Coaching. If your membership is interested I would be more than happy to provide info/ sessions on a range of topics which can help those of a competitive nature perform better. Even those who dont compete may learn a few things.

Maybe Brian and I could do a combined effort if he is game ;-)

In the end our knowledge is the boundary which we should always stretch and if I can help in any way let me know.

Kind Regards