Sunday Run 10th

Guest EPCC

• 2023 Subscriptions

Okay, so no real plans yet for Sunday... How about 9.15 at track at Morrisons, for a run doon the track to Dalry, over the moor to Fairley, Largs, Brisbane Glen, Whinhill and homeski, possible Cafe stop somewhere en route ???

:grin::grin:

Sounds good will go via clubrooms 0900 and then Morrisons for 0915, might be a bit slower than normal on the hills as will be running 25 with standard chain set its my master plan to get fitter and stronger for next year, last years master plan didnt work so tyhis is plan B :lol:

• Members

Billy, Ian, I hope to join you tomorrow - for part of the run at least. Other than trips to work, I haven't cycled for the last four weeks because of discomfort in my left leg. It was bad enough that I went to see a physio. She says I can ride - but only if there are no big efforts.

Weather permitting, I'll be at Morrisons.

• 2023 Subscriptions

A tough day in the saddle, myself, Richard B, Richard, Billy, Stephen, Campbell H and Alan Vint (think ive got the name right) set off down the track for Dalry, the first part down to Fairley was good with a sort of tailwind most of the way up the Fairley moor, from Fairley onwards it was a pretty horrible fierce swirling cross/headwind, the cafe stop in Largs came as a welcome break. At this point Mike appeared and joined us for some much needed calories :grin:

From here on in it was not a lot of fun, Brisbane Glen was torture, just trying to stay on the bike was the order of the day, the conversation ranged from heading back to Largs for the train to phoning the wives for a lift, but of course we did neither. Getting in the hoose was a pleasure :icon_yes , here's to next week.....

As iain said howev he forgot to mention that we managed to get sort of lost and instead of heading straight to the fairly we sor of went via some really nice tarmac to killwining then the fairly which put some extra miles in however the wind made my last few ks rather quick as it was all tail wind round the airport.

See you all next week, yes that includes you Chung sneakg out with the 40 milers :-P

• Members
The conversation ranged from heading back to Largs for the train to phoning the wives for a lift, but of course we did neither.

Dunno about that, Ian - I got the train from Langbank after I bonked on the Westferry. It was like someone had disconnected the power from my legs.

I enjoyed the run, though. Good to get out in a bunch, speak to folks I've no' seen in donkey's, and get on my bike again. Cheers, everyone.