Possible car share to Cyclocross events

DavieB

All,

Interested in doing as many events as possible through the 'cross season and was wondering if anybody is interested in some car pooling to some of the further off events starting with Meadowmill on Sunday.

I can fit one other bike on roof rack of a Nissan Almera but this is my limit unless anybody has a boot mounted carrier.

If you are interested, post up, PM or give me a shout on 0774 5992795.

Cheers,

Davie

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Davie,

Can't car share for the first 2 races, but happy to see what we can do for future events as they happen.

My car has space for 4 bikes and riders, and there are 3 of us.

Full day out for us, though, as we'd be getting to each race in time for the u12 event (but going home early after the V race!)

M

Cheers Mul ....no worries re. the lift and hopefully see you on Sunday.

FYI ....seen the following announcement on Scottish Cross website so you might want to check it out....

Meadowmill Cyclocross - NO U12s RACES

Due to concerns about the capacity of facilities and car parking at Meadowmill, there will be no Under 12 races at this round of the Scottish Cyclocross Series.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Thanks Davie, we saw it just after getting back from our 2 hour cx ride and training sesh this morning.

To quote an u12 rider, "this sucks". :angryfire:angryfire

Don't think canceling the u12 race will reduce the pressure on car parking tbh. Most youths are there with racing parents anyway.

Wasn't going to make it to this event anyway, but like you i don't see how cancelling U12's will make any difference to number of cars. Is it the intentions this year for U12 to be the youngest category? Poor if it is as younger events where a good introduction to racing for the younger riders.

James