Wanted - Turbo trainer

• Members

^ That's Allister Watson's advert. He's the ESCA track secretary - Mr Meadowbank! Allister is a thoroughly decent guy. If you're unsure about the suitability of that turbo, drop him a line, explain your plans and I'm sure he'll give you honest advice.

I've got a Minoura turbo trainer. I'd recommend the brand - it gathers dust as well as any other. :grin:

There are two main kinds, rim trainers and the more common one where the tyre itself makes contact with the resistance roller.

I work away a lot so take my training bike with me most of the time, the benefits of the rim trainer is you can just hook the bike up and train, with the ones where the tyre makes contact you will need to use a special tyre or it will overheat, the downside is obviously if you have a dedicated winter/turbo bike then you will have to swap tyres if you want to go out on the road.

I can also recommend the Minoura trainers.

On a related topic, as I through necessity spend a lot of time on the turbo I use the sufferfest movies on my ipod and this helps to keep the motivation going. www.thesufferfest.com. Angels is the best of the lot.

• 2 weeks later...