Scottish scratch champs

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Start lists now published for the Scottish scratch champs in Dundee on the 19th. Good to see 4 of the Joansin making an appearance:

Jonathan Mitchell Male Youth A Johnstone Wheelers CC

Morgan Binnie Female Youth C Johnstone Jets

Lewis mulholland Male Youth B Johnstone Jets

Danny Mulholland Male Youth C Johnstone Jets

Good luck to all,

Mul

• 2 weeks later...

Scottish Scratch Track Champs & Supporting Omnium.

It's party time !Nothing's THAT funny !It's party time !Nothing's THAT funny !It's party time !

The scratch track champs were run 1st and 4 Jets took part in this event, Morgan, Katie, Danny and Lewis.

Lewis & Katie taking part in the youth B cat with Danny & Morgan in the youth C's, although the youth C's race was not classed as a Championship race. Personally I think SC missed an opportunity here to further "hook/reward" the youngest competitors.

All the Jets put in a fantastic effort despite all being amongst the youngest riders in their respective categories, each showing exemplary track discipline on a par with the most senior riders involved. All that coaching is definately paying off.

Evan Oliphant showing his class to win the Seniors Scratch race in a closely contested finish from Ross Crook (ERC) Take THAT, ya bas!

Full on efforts from the Jets had them fighting it out at the finish in the various bunch races, run as part of the omnium and a couple of pb's at least in the :smash:smash:smash 800m time trials :smash:smash:smash

A keirin race saw the racers fighting for position behind the motorbike before having a :uzi blast :uzi on the final lap or so.

Good to see so many of the competitors coming from the youth ranks and I'm sure they enjoyed watching the seniors & juniors :uzi battling :uzi it out.

The handicap races were my personal favourite and I think I may have won the :lol::lol: "how far can you push your child round a track on a track bike from a standing start competition" :lol::lol: A bit of work on my technique and I gotta be a shoe in for the commy games!!! Stoooopid!

Again another day of brilliant experience for all Jets and they did both themselves and the Jets proud with their attitudes and efforts,

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

Richard

:-P hopefully will get some pics posted soon :-P

:-P:-P:-P

Am I detecting a growing interest in track racing coming on within the wheelers ? :grin:

Kayleigh tells me she spotted a JWCC rider doing a bit of 'secret training' at Meadowbank at the weekend ? Built like a sprinter, Fuji track Pro she says?

Cheers

Jim