Sup6r Six Round 2 Duncan MacGregor Memorial

David Thomson

Guest Jim Daly

Last year, the B race had a break of about 7 stay away after the main climb about 5 miles into the first lap. Expect a maximum of 20 competing at the finish line.

I'm hoping to do a bit better in the A race this year. The B race follows the A race by about 5 or 10 minutes. Please don't catch me.

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jim Daly

David, Thank you for not catching me. You'll be back on the podium, with a wee bit of rest.

I achieved a breakthrough in the Super6 A Race, today.

Finished well behind but only following work at the front, attempted breaks, full commitment in a long breakaway from the bunch and a solo Mountain Time Trial running on empty. Very many fast riders were hiding throughout the race waiting on a sprint for minor places.

Endura grabbed all the prizes.

Jim

• 2023 Subscriptions

I assumed wrong. The legs were starting to feel heavy during the neutrilsed section. Didnt think much of it but when we came to the main climb I tried to accelerate to make the lead group of about 20 but sadly nothing happened and I was left in the 2nd bunch. Hopefully the hard miles today will help on Thursday night at the Ingilston crit and Sunday at the Tour of Meldoms MTT.

David

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim - some serious opposition in the A race you have some tenacity having a go,

David - it's all good experience so look on the positive,

Just to mention I've entered

- British Eagle Trophy 9th May - East Lothian

- Vets race at Dunfermline 16th May

Not racing next 2 weeks due to rowing commits, up for a hard run next Sunday 18th if anyone else is. Maybe Dunoon or Galston transmitter or drive to Ayr and ride the Nick o Balloch loop?

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Good effort guys. Sounds tough.

I've just finished 4 days touring round Islands and Highlands. Cracking weather for the most part.

Next race I'm hoping to do is Paul's APR on 1st (I have a nominated marshall/helper to take my place), I'll then need to see about the British Eagle (it's the same day as Bishopbriggs Tri, where I will be expected as a helper/supporter!).

Can't make it out this weekend, but will be keen for some hard training miles on 24th/25th. Should make the Renfrew bunch tomorrow night.

Cheers,

R