manchester track time

Jim B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Subscriptions

Hi Jim,

How goes? Won't be down on the 1st, but planning to be there on the 24th/5th April. Mark McKay of BC has booked track time for a novice youth race school, and we're hoping to have several Jets (youth A's, B's and C's) there for their first ever taste of a proper track.

Preparation for the Sir Chris Hoy 'drome starts now! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

cheers,

M

Hi folks, track's much too scary for me I'm afraid. I was trying to gauge if there was much interest in track in the club as daughter Robyn is keen and Graeme wasn't sure if he was going to get sufficient interest to have kids along. She is also wondering if there are many youth riders in the 12. 13. 14 age groups in the Jets ?

Lance, If you have not used a fixed wheel bike then learning that and how to handle a track like Manchester might be a bit too much in one short session. There are usually a few starter sessions held at Meadowbank and Caird park at the start of the season which would maybe be your best bet. I believe bikes may be available for loan at both venues ?

Also, Graeme will have a plan to make best use of the available time for all and it might not be possible to learn the ropes if the schedule is a bit tight. Worth asking though. You will find him very helpful.

Cheers

Jim