sun 26th

kev habbick

• 2023 Subscriptions

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=6808 since you were wondering.

Sure about the GPS Frank? this website says we did

:-?

Whichever way, a grand wee spin and what better way to work up the appetite for the bacon rolls at the junction. Sadly I couldn't stay for those, having a football fixture to attend in Paisley. (2 each by the way, cracking match too).

Roll on next Sunday, and good luck to all the sportivos heading to Drumlanrig.

M

Myself, Al and Chris did the North Third Reservoir Loop above the Carron Valley, 4500 - 5000 ft of climbing in 50 miles cold and windy.

That was up to mugdock down to Starthblane over the Crow up the Carron Valley, up to the masts and round the reservoir road - accompanied by Soft top MGs, convertible Jensen Interceptors and E types (80 cars - all unleaded), back up to the Carron Valley down then back up the Crow and Mugdock. We averaged under 14mph . 4000 feet is a lot of big climbs but 2000 can happen in a bit of rolling

I'd suggest this would make a great club run- add the 36 round trip from here to Johnstone and it'd be a 90 miler more or less. You'd want a nice day. Views from the top are good of Wallace Monument, Forth etc

Well I checked the Garmin again and it definitely registered 4511ft of climbing. :shock:

Distance covered was 47.52mls with average speed of 13.93mph and top speed 38.9mph.

Either we did more climbing than we thought or my Garmin's had a senior moment :-(

Anyway, good day out. And apologies to John for forgetting about him. Especially after all the dogfang chat :lol:

Frank