Friday 10th April - Dunoon

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Anyone fancy a spin round to Dunoon on Friday?

Planning to leave Beith at 8am, so I'll be at the south side of the Erskine Bridge at 09:00 - 09:15ish.

Route is just going to be the standard - Helensburgh, Arrochar, Rest & Be Thankful, Strachur, Hunters Quay Ferrry and back over the hill to Beith. Should still be well over 100miles though.

Forecast at the moment is sunshine and showers. Might be tempted for something a bit more local if it's going to be really wet. (will see later in the week).

Hope to have some company. :grin:

Cheers

Ramsay

• 2024 Subscriptions

Hi Ramsay

Sorry I can't make it, but it is the sort of thing I'm keen to do in the near future as prep for a couple of sportive-type thingies I'm doing. Hopefully it'll be possible to string together a few 100 milers for before May.

Have a good run

Cheers

Darryl

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim,

The forecast is not looking great for a big run tomorrow! The best of the three forecasts I have seen is "heavy showers", with the other two saying sleat!

Call me a fair weather cyclist if you will, but I may just do a short local run tomorrow and try for a long run on Monday, when all three forecasts show much better weather.

I'll post if I do go Monday.

Cheers

Ramsay

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well the bad weather didn't really happen. Was a bit windy, but other than that it was a lovely afternoon.

Anyway, I did a hilly 70miles this afternoon, which was good. Glad I didn't do the Dunoon run though, as my legs were shot with "only" 70! Apart from meeting Duncan for a two minute chat I was on my own the whole way.

Not going to be able to make it out on Monday now, as I'll probably be hill walking.

Cheers

Ramsay