Sat 28th

Darryl Gunson

• 2023 Subscriptions

Nae podium to be weedled or wangled

4 groups, full field, Ramsay and Tony in group1, I was "translated" from group 4 to group 3 (someone from group 3 wanted to move back a group and I didn't mind swapping!)

Anyways, Jim C rode away from the scratch group and caught group 3 at the same time we caught group 1. This happened at the bottom of the drag and the ensuing scrabble for wheels was a blur of snotter, flem and tears.

Various drops and regroups in the cross wind for the last few laps. 3 from scratch , Ross Creber, Ian Sim and Andy Whitehall caught and then dropped me with 2 miles to go. I finished with the remaining 8 or so from the scratch group, I think about 15th. I know Ramsay finished on his own just behind this group, don't know about Tony.

PMcD

Oh ya dancer !

• 2023 Subscriptions

Well, I've now done my first road race (APR).

As Paul said, Tony and I started in group 1 (phew). The group stayed together at a fairly variable pace for about 2.5 of the 5 laps. We were then caught by the group Paul was in and I managed to stay with them for about half a lap, but annoyingly couldn't keep the pace on the flat after doing ok on the wee climbs. :angryfire

I did the next 3/4 of a lap on my own (as a TT) and consistantly about 200 metres behind the group of four that Paul was in. I was then got caught by Ross Creber and two others and held with them until I got back up with Paul's group. Once again I got onto the flat, back towards the finish area, where I got dropped again! Yet another 3/4 of a lap solo. :roll:

WIth only about a third of a lap to go, I then got caught and fairly quickly dropped by a group of about 8-10. Tried to get on with them, but legs were gone after TTing for 10-15miles!

Anyway, finished. Not first, not last and no incidents. :grin:

Tony - Sorry I didn't see you at the end. I had to get off to go to work.

Good day out in the sun. Might even try it again, although, won't be persuaded to do a spell by guys from the scratch group again! :shock:

Ramsay