Don Smith 09 cancellation

martin

• 2023 Subscriptions

Don Smith 09: cancellation.

You may have read on the forum of the recent death of Davie Raymond.

Davie was a significant part of the Johnstone Wheelers, as a committee member, Go Ride coach and a member of the Don Smith organising team. I know we're all stunned by his sudden and untimely passing.

As a consequence, we are reverting to a simpler format (for this year only) and holding the Don Smith as a JWCC club run, starting and finishing at the clubrooms.

Ride details to be published in due course.

Mul

• Members

I propose that this years Don Smith becomes a Don Smith/ Davie Raymond memorial run . Courses to be decided ( but based on what Davie enjoyed riding) finishing at clubrooms with soup,sandwiches tea and cakes just as Davie would have suggested himself.

Only thing is someone else will need to bring the milk !!

Just a thought, on what Kenny said about Davie's favourite rides, but a fitting tribute might be to arrange a seperate ride during the summer around Arran and dedicate it to Davie's memory.

Having re-read his posting from last year I would suggest that Davie was certainaly fond of this ride as are a lot of us. Perhaps entry fee's charged for such a ride and donated to the Jets funding may also be a fitting tribute given Davie's obvious enthusiasm for the project.

As I say just a thought.

Colin

• Members

There will be a ride later in year for Davie , the Don Smith event will allow members the chance to meet socially to discuss the various options available to the club. Giving a platform to remember a loyal hardworking and respected member of the club. Hopefully we will have a large turnout on the day to discuss these options and recall stories and memories of a special guy.