new year

robert sharp

Venue - the party across the road in Renfrew

2200 we all troop across the road with the best of intentions, and a fist full of new year resolutions. Most concern giving up drinking.

2300 - 0056 The telly is on, but the sound is turned down. Have to listen to the new neighbour lying through her teeth about how she works for HBOS and her job is safe. brought two bottles of yellow rock chardonnay (good stuff!) - but am drinking some 5hit that comes in a box

0000 - The bells. Happy New Year my arse! Have to kiss a succcesion of ugly mingers each of whom is atime served lettuce dodger. Which one has scooped my cargo and left me with a half pint of this gutrot pi5h??????

0001 some guy arrives in a klit and all the burds soke him up like the last johnny bag in Dublin. Am not drnuk you konw!

0045 - the finally karaaaaooookyy gets wired up after four hours of trying. I went to friggin see U2 at Hampden and tehy were on the go in twnety minutes !!! Wnie gonig dnow niclee and I don't give a ****!

0127 - My turn to snig. Is it my fault if the vast overwhelmnig majoeirtiy of the kumpanyee have never heard of the iNCREDIBLE string BAND ??? Their bsta4ds the lot of thum. Wheyre's ma flippin bevvy ya hooooer? Whit's that...........? Aye - and yer maw wis wan as well.

0215 Sossage rools cum ooooooot an the furst fite breks ooooot over who gets tae soook the joose afff the tinfoil? Whilst the rammmy is goin on, Biffo the junkie hus irt awayeee wi the tinfoil an jags up in the krner behind the tellly, he later sells the taellllie for two tenner bags o skag tae sum dood called skinky winkie - or summthin.

0302 - get cot snnogin the wee slapper afae three dowrs duin. Wif e gees me gip, and an irn buroo boptlie ower the napper. Visssiopn is a wee bit blurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

032 - ambyilanse arrives ......................... yer ma best mate etc. wee bobo howks up on the trampoline as the fat burd is geein it laldae wi a dubble suumerston or somethin? spew everywherrrre and kuvver the fat bird's glesses. She burst the trimpowhatsit anyway. Wherr's ma drin? Are yoo starin at ma wyfe's jugs?

0400 - riot squad arrive. This entry by PC0322 Thomson, K Division. Mr Ticketty Boo taken into protective custody for his own wellbeing. Will be bailed to appear at Paisley Sherrif Court on Mon 5th January on a charge of beng a jakie.

Happy New year to everyone. Friends past and present , or both, from Devon.

Reading the account of Hogmanay frae Renfrew above makes me quite jealous...... and relieved. I thought that Tony Blair and the English had destroyed auld fashioned New Years (spoken from the heart here in Devon). Theres nothing wrang wae a guid bevy that the Dalmally wouldn't fix in the morning. "Put your best man on the road" The Claddich is nothing, wait till a' get you on The washing board" Probably wasted on todays generation. Robert Sharp will remember Hell's Glen in January and the gravel down the middle with the ice and the drops.

As you say Bob "keep well into the left"

See you all ere long..

Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!