Sunday 31st Aug - 9.30 am Bunch - Tak-ma-Doon

Lesley Scally

All,

Planning a longer route this weekend in preparation for the Bealach. Heading over Erskine Bridge towards Bearsden, Kirkintilloch, Kilsyth over the Tak-ma-Doon Road into the Carron Valley and then back over the Crow Road. Approx 75-80 miles.

Hope to see a good crowd. Lets hope we don't get too wet!!!

See you at the clubrooms at 9.30 am.

Cheers,

Lesley

Good run today in mostly dry conditions.

Myself, Dennis and Campbell left the clubrooms heading towards the Erskine Bridge via the George Town. We picked up Ronnie at the North side of the Bridge and then carried on via Hardgate where we picked up Simon and pal (sorry didn't catch your name!). Onwards through Bearsden, Torrence, Milton of Campsie and then into Kilsyth turning left up the killer climb of the Tak-Ma-Doon Road. A short re-group at the top before enjoying the descent. A nice steady run along the Carron Valley (well at least for Dennis and I, while Ronnie and Simon's testosterone battled it out at the front :lol:). At the road end we said goodbye to Simon and friend who headed off in the direction of Drymen while the rest of us headed to the hotel in Fintry for a spot of lunch. Just managed to avoid a bit of a down pour before heading over the Crow Road to Lennoxtown. Sorry Campbell/Ronnie, we seem to have lost you somewhere as you didn't appear behind us on the Crown Road. Assumed you opted for a different route home!!. So, Dennis and I carried on into Strathblane where our luck changed and the rain came :cry:. From Strathblane we took the main road back into Milngavie, Hardgate and then along the main road back to Erskine Bridge where I left Dennis who headed back to the clubrooms. All in all good day's cycling with only the last section of the run in the rain - total 77 miles.

xx Lesley

• Life Members

hi Lesley,

Sound like a hard & fun run, what with all the climbs & poor weather at the end.

Couldn't join you & the rest on that as need to be back home before 1pm, and instead cycle down to the clubroom, joined the 30 milers and did around 55 miles total.

Have a good one at the Bealach with Donald next week and hope the weather will be a lot kinder.

Cheers

Chung