Computrainer tests

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Well done to all who braved the torture machine last night. Everyone gave a good account of themselves ,despite various impediments to some riders preparations. A long night meant Mark left clubrooms just before 11:00pm, he will bring print outs on Friday night.

Next session this Friday with a final test on Tuesday to complete the round one of testing. I will discuss a second series of tests with Mark next Tuesday. Possibility of arranging a saturday ( when no races are on ) to facilitate a whole day rather than late nights.

Once again well done to you all, and yes I will be undertaking the test at some point soon. I believe in the old saying " dont ask anyone to do something you wont do yourself"

;-)

• Members

Darryl

definetly not a good idea to do anything strenous between now and test, it was evident from last nights results that some people hadnt recovered fully from weekends exertions. This test is a maximal test and you are put under an ever increasing load till you cant maintain a steady pace. The world certainly spun for the majority of riders last night :cry:

Hi guys / gals

I imagine the test is similar to the maxpower ramptest described by Ric Stern in this article. Hope this helps. Especially if anyone has been ill in the last month or so. The discussion of using the MAP values in your training is interesting too (perhaps part of the aftercare service Mark provides Hello,beer!! )

Scott

http://www.cyclingnews.com/fitness/?id=powerstern

Ric has a few words of fatherly advice...

Prior to the Test

The test is similar to a ramped test to exhaustion/VO2 max test/stress test, and although relatively short in duration, does require you to push yourself to exhaustion - it is, therefore, very demanding. :icon_butting_comp

Accordingly, you should be certain of the following:

You are not currently suffering from any viral or bacterial infection, or any other illness

You have not had a viral or bacterial infection, or any other illness, within the last four weeks

You do not have any injuries or recent injuries

Because of the intensity involved, I would caution against eating within two hours of the test, with most people consuming a high carbohydrate meal about hours before the test. In the final twohours prior to testing you should continue to sip on an energy drink. Hello,beer!!Hello,beer!!Hello,beer!!

• 2024 Subscriptions

Thanks Scott

that's certainly made me think twice about the test. I had my last antibiotic yesterday. And although I've been riding the bike, I've tried not to over exert my self. Testing to exhaustion though...I don't know. :-?

Does anyone else have a view on this: will it be ok to do this test if you've just gotten over a sinus/chest infection?

Actually, put like that it sounds obvious that I shouldn't bother this time :-?

Maybe I should just dip out... :roll:

cheers

Darryl

• 2024 Subscriptions
Thanks Scott

that's certainly made me think twice about the test. I had my last antibiotic yesterday. And although I've been riding the bike, I've tried not to over exert my self. Testing to exhaustion though...I don't know. :-?

Does anyone else have a view on this: will it be ok to do this test if you've just gotten over a sinus/chest infection?

cheers

Darryl

I've had a word with Andy Young and he advises against it. So, there is a spare slot if anyone needs it.

cheers

Darryl

• 2024 Subscriptions
Thanks Scott

cheers

Darryl

I've had a word with Andy Young and he advises against it. So, there is a spare slot if anyone needs it.

cheers

Darryl

Did I say Andy Young???

I did, of course, mean Mark.

hope you all get the data you're hoping for ;-)

cheers Hello,beer!!

Darryl