Sunday 13th July - 9.30 am Bunch - Drymen

Lesley Scally

• Life Members

Hi Lesley,

I'm in, providing my tummy is better, been suffering from a stomach bug since we got back from Oban. Must be the sceenery or could be the mussels that I had 2 days in a roll.

Are you also going up Crow Road? Not that I want to like, just checking.

Cheers

Chung

The thought of a "less hilly" ride proved to be a popular option this weekend as 8 of us left the clubrooms (me, Frank, Dennis, Chung, Campbell (just back from doing Etape), Colin, Stuart and new guy Stuart (just back from doing the Marmotte).

We enjoyed cruising along the new surface of the Georgetown road and made our way over the Erskine Bridge where we picked up David, Joyce and Simon (good to see you guys out again :grin: ). Onwards to Milgavie and then over the Kaiber pass into the back of Strathblane where we opted for the straight road by Glengoyne Distillary turning left eventually towards Croftamie and then onto Drymen, where we soaked up the rays and tucked into some bacon rolls and carrot cake 8-) at the Pottery Cafe. It was a struggle to drag ourselves away and get on our bikes, but eventually we did and headed for cycle route 7 (much of which has now been resurfaced) back towards Bonhill, Dumbarton and back over the Bridge.

Great day and nice to get a run in the sunshine for once. Good to see some new faces and some old familiar ones again. Hope to see you all out again for more action next week!!!

Cheers,

Lesley