Sunday 15th June

Colin H

In anticipation of the Cumbrae 10 TT on the 22nd I will be riding down to Largs and getting the ferry for a lap around the island to check out surface etc (last time I rode a bike around Millport I would have been about 12 stone which some will be surprised to know was a long while ago ;-) ) Will probably come back via Brisbane Glen and the Whin.

If anybody fancies it I will be at the clubrooms for 0930 (Lesley please note I' am not looking to highjack your new leadership role mainly because you have been doing such a good job Hello, beer !! 0

Colin

:angryfire what libellous nonsense,, i only dropped the one stick !!!!, :oops: but on hearing recording of concert, sounded more like keith moon demolishing a drum kit in the early days of the who ..or was it the what :-? sorry wont make run this sunday but will be out for for a thirty leaving from BBJ 19.00 thurs 12th. have a good one folks Hello, beer !! ......ian

• Members

Bill T , Alex Hutchison ( Campbells dad) and yours truly set off on 9:15am ferry for a wee day out in Argylshire.

Leaving the ferry it was like a scene from an episode of :- last of the summer wine as 3 auld gits pedalled off the ferry

combined age = 200 :cry:

A stiff headwind made journey to Strachur a wee bit tough, before we turned toward Otter ferry and the scenic route along coastline.

Then it was a left turn and up towards Glendaruel , Alex decided to head back to Strachur for a well deserved cafe stop and we parted at crossroads leading to final climb of glen.

Over the summit and a speedy descent down into the valley and a turn onto the old road ( now I did notice a road closed sign :-? but thought Bill knew better) 3 miles along this charming little road we were met with a road closure fence.

Time for a spot of hillwalking as we nipped round fence and discovered the old bridge had been removed , and work on the new one had only begun. fortunately a nice wee temporary walkway allowed us to carry on and rejoin road on other side Oh ya dancer !

This wee road is a well kept secret and views are spectacular , well worth a visit sometime ;-)

We rejoined main road and started the drag up to Loch Striven when the main squad came hurtling down giving us high fives as they passed.

With Bill in climbing mode we made easy work of Striven climb and Tarsan climb was climbed at an equally brisk pace Hello, beer !!

Over Tarsan and a wind assisted big ring charge all the way back to the ferry ( well almost as a weerdie beardie played chicken with Bill , refusing to stop at passing place and coming at speed to meet us on a very narrow bridge :angryfire )

From Sandbank in it was charge to catch the ferry which was waiting at peir

, a well timed sprint saw us just make Hello, beer !!

A cracking wee day out in beautifull countryside with good company and 50 miles under the wheels .

ps this was the first outing for my good bike , lets hope weather permits some more outings for it this season ;-)