Thanks for supporting messages -Triathlon Worlds

vicky begg

Thank you all for your supportive messages and various lends and borrows that will make my race one to remember.

My race is at 0640 on Friday 6th June and I will be up against only 28 others in my age group, but will race with a group of around 50 from the 30 -39 ages. At worst I will be 28th in my world age group!

Kerry's race is on Sunday at 1pm and will probably be televised somewhere.

See you all soon,

Vicky

For all the other would be Triathletes out there, or those who are generally interested.

I came across the following ITU web site while I was housebound last week and used it to watch the world cup event in Madrid. There was #### all on tele....

http://www.triathlon.org/?call=TVRnNQ==

It provides live coverage of all the ITU world cup events and will include all the classes in Vancouver next week. Because of the time differences the timings are also a bit more civilised here in the UK.

Vicky's AG class starts at 14:30 on Friday the 6th

Kerry's Elite race starts at 21:00 on Sunday the 8th

The BBC may also do live coverage of some events as they'll have cameras there. Last years elite events were live on the BBC interactive service.This can be accessed through TXT on any tele with a digital receiver when it's tuned to a bbc channel.

• Committee

Vicky

When your legs are gone and lungs are on fire just remember all the horrible Scottish weather and winter darkness that you've trained through to get to the race. If you could put up with sleet and gales in February, miles out in gloomy Ayrshire, then Vancouver will be a breeze.

Enjoy it.

Alan