May 27 Tuesday 19:00 Frank Lauder Club 10 Champs

KennyS

It's not just because we're the friendliest club that makes Johnstone Wheelers one of the greats, but also because we hold a comprehensive confined calendar, incorporating championships which cater not only for the elite riders but for everyone. having been in the fortunate position to have won some of the JWCC trophies previously and seen that the names of past winners are some of the all time greats in Scottish cycling, I have always competed with a sense of pride and have given it my all. Last night was no exception and I'm pleased to say that I wasn't the only one. In what can only be described as a howler of a night, The wind on the way out was so strong that you felt you were being stopped dead in your tracks no matter how hard you pushed.

Before I give the times a big thankyou has to go out to the helpers, who for various reasons couldn't ride but were willing to come along and support the event, namely Katrina for timing, helped by Seb (who's unfortunately broken two vertebrae in his back) and Jim Johnstone and to the Iron Man who marshalled the turn. these events wouldn't be possible without their help

Now for the times

Fastest on the night and regaining the championship was myself, George Hamilton with a 21.49.

Second fastest on the night was the Stevie the BlomSTAR with a 22.17 (however Stevie isn't a member of the JWCC, but I'm sure we'll coax him back soon, so unfortunately his time doesn't count)

second fastest was Jim Daly with a 23.40

Third fastest was Frank Kennedy with a 24.59

Fastest Female Vicky Begg 25.34

Fastest Junior (youth) Greg Balden 30.28

all the times

Kenny Steele 30.13

George Hamilton 21.49

Frank Kennedy 24.59

Greg Balden 30.28

Steve Blom 22.17

Iain Cowden 26.27

Vicky Begg 25.34

Colin Howard 25.10

Mike Ferguson 25.42

Jim Daly 23.40

Finally

Vicky fly's out to Vancouver on Saturday to compete in the world Triathlon championships, I'm sure that I speak for all of JWCC when I say "GO VICKY GO", She will be joined by our other tri star Kerry Lang. We wish them both every success and look forward to seeing them bring back the medals.

Ps.me and the BlomSTAR are finished after he failed to wave to me after the turn, I've never been so hurt.

Posted by Ironman on behalf of George Hamilton Cheers Hello, beer !! to him for great time.

Fortunately I was held up at work so couldn't get there in time.

On what was as windy a night as I can remember from a TT'ing point of view may I congratulate all who took part with a special mention to George for what in the conditions was a quite brilliant time.

Well done mate a very worthy champion Oh ya dancer !

Good luck also to Kerry and Vicky

Stunning performance from Geo once again!!

Defo up there with his excellent rides done in the past.

I know you do these events for fun Geo but you have such great Talent to get it all out over 10 miles im sure your effort could have been up there with the best in scoitland in the national 10.

1st 5 miles out was just missery , defo the toughest head wind i have ever rode into :shock:

Return leg was pure speed turning the pedals as hard as you can.

Hats off to everyone that completed it well done.

Stevie B :grin: