Sunday 25th May - 9.30 Run - Lake of Menteith

Lesley Scally

Weather forecast for Sunday is okay, so lets take advantage of it. Here we go, proposed route for Sunday 25th May with some new roads for some of us!!

Heading over Erskine Bridge, Bowling, Dumbarton and taking national cycle route 7 towards Croftamie, by passing Drymen to Buchlyvie, Anprior, round Lake of Menteith, by Gartness, over Pipe track back to Drymen with optional cafe stop then retrace steps back via cycle route 7 to Johnstone.

Approx distance 80 miles. Steady run over rolling roads, with only "real" climb being Pipe track back to Drymen. Opportunity for rest at Drymen cafe afer approx 50 miles.

Everyone welcome. See you Sunday.

Lesley

A group of 7 (Moi, Dennis, Chung, Frank, Campbell, David and Liam) left the clubrooms en route for Lake of Menteith. Further down the road we were joined by Donald at the Erskine Bridge and unfortunately Frank had to return to attend matters at home. Nice steady pace onwards to Buchlyvie and Arnprior and on round the Lake to the road end where Liam then said his goodbyes and carried on his way back to Stirling. The rest of us headed on and over the Pipe track where Campbell put in some good efforts in practice for the forthcoming Etape. Welcome break at Dyrmen Cafe where bacon rolls and carrot cake were enjoyed by all, especially Chung who'd spent most of the morning sipping coffee, reading the paper and nursing a man flu waiting on us to return!!! After a most enjoyable afternoon basking in the rays, time to get back on the bikes and finish the last 30 odd miles back to Johnstone. Great day, weather and company. Total of 84 miles.

Here's to next week.

• Life Members

What a smashing day, well done to Lesley our new captain for the 9.30 bunch ;-)

Great company, glorious weather & a 3, yes 3 hour cafe stop (that has to be a record?) for me as I let the rest of the gang tackle the Pike track while I digest the whole content of the Sunday Herald & several rounds of tea and cappacino.

Doing my domestiqe duty where I placed the food orders for the on coming troops and make sure there was enough chairs to go round....a duty which I'm all too happy to do again in future runs :grin:

Thanks Lesley, what's on for next week?

Cheers

Chung