league 10 no.2 - 13th May 2008

I've just had a hard long weekend of climbing on Skye, so my legs are pretty gubbed, so I'll volunteer to do the time keeping tonight. Unfortunately I don't have a digital watch / stop watch, so could someone bring one please

Campbell Crombie sends his appologies as he'll not be attending tonight.

Cheers

George

Although I can manage along tonight, a friend of mine from the triathlon club who only visits ocassionally from Orkney has asked if he can come along and ride the confined.

He is called Torquil, so hopefully you will see him there.

Another good night tonight with the weather hope you all do good times; I hope it holds out till tomorrow too!

A tough night with quite a strong head wind on the way out. 1st fastest on the night was Stevie Blom.

The competition between the JWCC was very close with only a few seconds separating the first three

1st JWCC rider was Frank riding a WOW bike and recording a 24.24

2nd JWCC rider was Seb, just back from a long training session in Israel and recording a 24.36

3rd JWCC rider was Colin, who said that he even had time to stop for a drum up, but was held up when the matches wouldn’t light recorded a 24.49

All the times

Mike 25.44

Dave 31.08

Stevie 22.54

Seb 24.36

Frank 24.24

John 32.48

Greg 29.10

Colin 24.49

Ian 26.10

We are looking for a volunteer for timekeeping next week.

Katrina has said that she will timekeep at the Frank Lauder, so there is no excuse for not riding…(I’m not sure if that was aimed at all of us or just me)

Hello, beer !!

George, I can take a turn at the timekeeping on Tuesday 20th, and I should also be available for the 3rd June, as I'll be just back from holiday then.

Could someone bring the watches to the event or drop them off for me. John's bike shop in Johnstone would be handy for me if they will not be at the event.

Cheers,

Jim.