Paris Brest Paris and Campbell

MARTIN.KEIR

Now thats what I call a real run , if only they stopped for a proper drum up I would think about taking part. This Crombie guy does he have a beard?

most of these crazy Audaxy types do , is it to catch the slavers in? :wink:

Hats off to him a man after my own heart , roon the moon and back , ye canny whack it.

Guest fatblokeonbike
Campell has passed the half way point of Brest and is now on his return leg to Paris at 15:32 on 20/8 he had covered 696K.

Martin, we all know it's not a race, but still... how does that find him placed?

:) yawn!,good morning all.

chapeau campbell.

the thing that is puzzling me :? is.

during these long events where do these audax type people sleep :?:

i remember reading triking daves' preparation list for the 24hr,and there were a lot of to dos on it.

in order to make the most these events i see why preparation is velly important.

so,is it the same regarding crash out time :?: do you plan ahead and book a

b&b :oops: or is there a set place laid on by the organisers :?: .yawn! i'm off

back to bed,i'm out with the saturday bunch in a couple of hrs :wink:

sleep-aholic

paul :D

First well done Campbell, I almost feel like having a go myself in 4 years time - I just hope the feeling wears off.

All (or most) of the check points will have sleeping accommodation, although it may only be a blanket on the hard floor and you can ask someone to wake you up at a specific time. If you do plan ahead on an event like this, you will almost certainly have to change the plan after the first sleep since you can't predict where you'll be at a specific time.

As far as I can tell from the times posted, Campbell stopped for 3 sleeps with the longest being about 5 hours.

The one thing you mustn't do is stop by the roadside for a kip on the nice soft grass, it is a racing certainty that lots of the thousand or so riders in front of you will have chosen that precise place to have a pee!

Hi all

Will post some think soon about the PBP but thats the hard bit for me so it takes longer. But it was a great ride and hope to take some of you with me in four years time.

Campbell Crombie

Ps see you at the 2UPs next Wedensday 3rd Sep at 6.45pm Georgetown

time keeper required