Sunday 30th March 09h30 bunch

David J

Had such a great time last week (holding down my breakfast) at the Kyhber Pass and Crow Road that I have been looking forward to this all week. The main thing I learned is that Chung's estimation of time is as good as his navigation!!! He told me we would be back for two o'clock - including a coffee stop! My better half was not too pleased when I limped home at a quarter past three, and that was without a coffee break!

Glad you made it back ok Colin. Mark was very gracious and pretended that he wasn't holding back for me, however, I was very happy when we stopped for a Mars Bar before the HC ascent of the Pont du Erskine.

Does anyone have a particular route in mind for this Sunday? Hope to see you all there.

Guest Jim Daly

Mike, Donald, Martin and I went down to Lochwinnoch and over the high road to Kilbirnie. Mike decided to take a shortcut from half-way but ran into us again at Kilbirnie, by mistake. Martin set the pace up the cemetery hill to Beith so Mike took another short cut directly home, this time.

Up to the golf club and a lap around the wee reservoir following mainly tarred roads to peesweep for a puncture. Severely cold and heavy rain caused a rapid descent off the braes. Martin and I returned home but it was a short trip to the baths for Donald.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Jim, fhey it was me in the distance, Duncan, that was out today.

The reason: I spent so much time oot the back as Jim and Martin Mul-Vlanderren sought out and chased up each and every hill in the area. I guess the hill primes were equally shared, but, it was so far in the distance, who knows. :oops:

I could say, that the sunshine boys, delighted to announce the arrival of summertime, appeared in matching colnago race bikes and therefore were soooo much lighter that they shot up the hills but that would be hiding the facts, the boys were pasting me on every hill.

I could also say that Mul-Vlanderren took the light bike a bit far, heading off to deepest Renfrewshire, muddy tracks and all, with nae tube, nae pump and nae tolls. Fortunately jim supplied a tube and displayed an amazing gas pump which wnet off like a rocket booster but was nae help in filling the tyres. :rockets

Having eventually caught up, I passed gas to martin, it worked. Oh ya dancer !

Weather cold, wet and a bit of wind but a good work out all the same.

Duncan

ps. Martin should be flying next weekend, awaiting the report with interest Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

I'd call this a mini Ronde van Renfrewshire. Great as a wee warm up for next week's jaunt to flanders, although we only had rain. Apparently there's 3 inches of snow lying in central brussels at the moment. :shock:

Route here for anyone who want's to know where we went (that's you, Duncan, btw ;-) )

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-ki ... /459036308

Many thanks to both Jim and Duncan for the spare inner tube and CO2, since as already reported gringo here had gone out this morning without even a tyre lever....

:oops:

Can I just say that when Duncan 'passed gas to me' it was purely platonic!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Eh.... I did the same as David and forgot the clocks went forward. Luckily I didn't even get out the house before I realised. :oops:

Anyway, after missing the club run and with the rain etc, I did a turbo session with the new DVD someone gave me a few weeks ago. Including warm up and cool down, it was 2.5hours and in that time I drank 5 x 1.5litre bottles!! Possibly one of the most intense sessions I've done on a bike for years!! :shock:

Should be out next week.

Ramsay