Wednesday 13th

Richard Binnie

Hi Richard (sorry if I got it wrong :smash )

I' am off on Wednesday but have to take my daughter for a dental check up :cry: at about 9am. Would hope to be ready for a run at about 11am. If this suits let me know and I will tag along with you.

We are half way along the Georgetown so no problem to meet you in Erskine if thats the plan.

Cheers

Colin. Hello, beer !!

• 2023 Subscriptions

Alan and I have just been Kilmacolm, Lochwinnoch, Dalry, Largs, two big cappucinos each in the sun in Largs, Carrot and Banana cakes. Worked them off up brisbane Glen, watch out for the cattle grids this time :lol:

February , cannae beat it Oh ya dancer !

Hope the weather stays for you tomorrow

duncan

• Committee

Mid-week "easy" run. Ha!

Richard, Frank, Colin and I left Red Smiddy at 11. Colin and Frank immediately set up a scorching speed and Frank pulled all of us along West Ferry at 40kph. :shock: Single speed training clearly works.

Richard and I eventually got to the front and slowed things down through Greenock but we upped the pace through Skelmorlie to latch onto a slow truck. 50 kph tow for a km or so. :grin:

Reached Largs in 78 minutes, about 23 mph from Red Smiddy. Lemon drizzle cake today, capuccino with an extra shot AND a pot of tea, outside in sunshine. Top secret discussion on race tactics for Gifford ;-) (Frank, Duncan, Howie and I will hide behind Colin for the first 39 miles)

Haylie(?) Brae kept everyone quiet, Frank remained unstoppable. Then fast along the reservoirs and Colin and Richard charged into Kilbirnie.

Cycle track to Lochwinnoch, then we split and I had the extra 100m of climbing back over the moor to Kilmacolm.

Beautiful sunny day.I'm jealous of you shift workers who can often do this on weekdays.

GPS track to follow.

Amazing what a bit of sunshine can do. Everyone was pushing it on and taking their turn on the front.

The Colin express was in full flight and showed some very impressive sprinting speed. Looking good for the season ahead big man! ;-)

Richard showed great form considering he's hardly had time on the bike and only Colin's superior tactical brain robbed him of the sprint into Kilbirne :lol:

Alan didn't look as though he broke sweat all day. Even when he glided up the Haylie Brae, leaving us in his wake :oops: . Majestic climbing indeed with plenty left in the tank I suspect :shock:

Absolutely fantastic day. Superb weather, great company and a good pace.

Frank

Got to say guys thoroughly enjoyed the outing, so thanks for making sure I went out. :grin:

Easy to see who has been doing the serious training :-P

Fantastic run down the coast, all I could do to draft, think I got to the front in Selmorlie only so that I could slow the pace down for my own benefit

Anyway thanks again for a great run, hope to see you all soon and more often of late. ;-)

nb. to anyone else reading this, beware of Colin in the sprints Allan on the hills and Frank in general :-P

Hello, beer !!

Richard