Sunday 27th. January

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

Sunday run will leave from clubrooms at 9:00am ( no away day this week)

Its a mystery tour ( means I havent made it up yet- but will try for something new ;-) )

Saturday at 11:00am , Asima is on backshift so wont be out , Kenny S is on crit. coaching at Bellahouston. I,m a definite maybee :roll: any others apart from Ian?

post and we may have a group for a Saturday shift ( 1 1/2 hour)

• Committee

Joined the 9 am bunch for a two hour spin. Ahem. Cycle track to Lochwinnoch and ended up in Dalry at 10 and found out there was a plan to go over to Fairlie.

Blimey. I thought this was only a 30 mile run.

Had to make my excuses and head for home. Hope you all had a good day. Doubtless a full report will appear.

The difference between the 9 and 9.30 bunch is waafer thin.

Alan

:cry: sorry very late in, caused very late up and missed 9.00ers, good sat spin with jim d who was heading further into ayrshire, i peeled off at industrial estate to do a wee lap.....2 1/2 laps later still looking for exit returned via lochwinnoch cafe ..today managed run to gourockand back with scheduled stop at esplanade cafe,,, whit a life ! . included a couple of hills kenny ..the downwards ones, ie, last sunday's false summits in reverse ....much better view of the smoke over the port. hope you all had a good one. 8-) perhaps there may be a niche for a cafe bunch ?.

• Members

Nine riders left clubrooms at 9:00am Davie R , Colin , Alan , Duncan , Ramsay , John J , Bill , Ken Mac and James ( who had been dispatched on orders of yours truly)

I joined bunch at Kilbarchan having spent last 1/2 hour putting on and taking off kit as gastric bug bit hard. Its amazing how gravity takes over everytime you stand up :shock:

So ten strong it was a quick brisk pace ( at least when Alan and Duncan hit the front ;-) ) down track to rejoin road above Kilbirnie.

Still pushing on we climbed over to Dalry and right turn onto moor road. Alan opted out at this point and Colin was dispatched along with Duncan and Ramsay to make an elite group whilst the usuall supects climbed together.

Finally onto the climb over the bottom cattle grid we spied the trio just ahead Oh ya dancer ! 30 seconds deficit as the chasing group of James yours truly and John crossed summit cattle grid before sweeping down into a stiff breeze. A regroupment at bottom gave options :-

a) West Kilbride ,Dalry , Beith

B) Haylie brae

c) Brisbane Glen and the super elite pave over to Kilmacolm road

now anyone who reads our reports will know we are a bunch who love the pave so option c it was Oh ya dancer !

No sooner had we turned corner at bottom of Glen and Colin attacked taking James with him :shock:

Surely he wasnt intending a breakaway all the way up Glen :roll: , no it was a short lived show of defiance by big Col :smash

Ramsay ,Duncan , James set early pace followed by Colin,John and yours truly.

Colin stopped for a nature break and I stopped to remove helmet which had steam shooting out of top vent :lol:

This allowed Ramsay and Duncan the chance to forge on and get a gap, followed by James ,myself and John.

3/4 of way up and we could see Ramsay had shed Duncan ( who had opted for a bit of cross country :shock: )

So Ramsay retained his K.O.M. jersey for a second week followed by Duncan , James who had waited for his auld dad ( must be looking for extra pocket money ;-) ) and then John putting in a great effort on his new shiny steed.

We waited at summit for regroupment where Bill attacked past as only he can. Descending down to Loch Thom Bill was in full flight wind assisted, only to have an attack of the auld timers and suddenly brake shouting are we on the right road . This brought major consternation :shock: to the riders chasing him down so much so that as Duncan swung round him he was able to count the buttons on the walkers jacket on r/h side of road

:roll:

Rounding the Loch it was eyes right and onto the Pave Oh ya dancer !

Duncan,myself,James and Ramsay were the lead party travelling at speed :rockets picking our way thru the potholes at breakneck speed.

Colin ,John and Davie were close behind as we dodged potholes and MTBs calling us crazy :smash

They even refused to move over for Davie R forcing him into a large bombhole, frightened of getting their MTB super suspension bikes muddy :roll:

Back on tera firma we regrouped and bid goodbye to Duncan and Ramsay.

The run down to Kilmacolm was big ring as Bill attacked before being passed by yours truly , who was revving like a lunatic :oops:

It was only when Colin went thru for a spell did I realise I was still in wee ring :-? Just at bridge Davie R snapped his chain , claims it was his super human strength ( I reckon he had pre sawn link as get out clause in latter stages of run ;-) )

A quick link repair and we dodged onto track for a quick burst back to B.O.W.

Colin flexed his muscles and lined out the bunch all the way to B.O.W giving an

armchair ride back in ( aye right if you consider biting the stem an easy ride :cry: )

Bill , Ken and Colin left us at this point and we headed towards Linwood on the track , well thats what Davie and John thought ;-)

Right turn and onto Kilbarchan road to add 2 wee climbs to add to our days palmares :cry:

James attacked at bottom of first lift only to have a cramp attack half way up :oops: showing great concern I cruised past laughing :lol:

The last climb of the day and with the groupeto flagging the auld fox cruised over summit and down into Kilbarchan to finish off a hard day in the saddle .

45 miles + for most riders with 2 decent climbs , some superb pave and great banter Hello, beer !! what more could you ask for??

Rider of the day :- John Johnstone on his new steed , a revelation.Followed a close second by Duncan ,a classy rider who never seems under pressure.

K.O.M. :- Ramsay , this guy is super strong , watch out for him when racing starts.

Rolleur of the day :- the Colin express :rockets turbo force on the flat.

Pave rider of the day : Big Bill managed to keep upright all day and resisted the lure of scuba diving in the bombholes :-P