30 milers 23rd. Dec

Kenny MacDonald

• Members

With icy conditions on the back roads and our well known aversion to main roads it was an easy decision to stay in clubrooms Oh ya dancer !

Colin was on strict insructions not to injure himself prior to his xmas break so didnt even risk a turbo session :shock:

The 2 Ken Macs , Davie R and John Johnstone settled in for a turbo/roller session in front of the telly :roll:

The classic "Sunday in hell" was the chosen film and we engaged the big rings and got going ;-)

Twenty minutes in and disaster struck for Davie R as he punctured :cry: and the rest of the bunch didnt even slow down for him :smash

Leaving Davie a long chase to get back in the bunch :-?

45 minutes in and a rising wind started to blow in our faces ( we turned on the fans ;-) )

One hour done and the action on screen is encouraging us to speed up with every attack by Mercxx and De Vlaemick :rockets

1 1/2 hours in and a sound like gunfire is followed by a lump of plastic smashing off the wall :shock: yours truly had blown up a roller :roll:

This gave Rita & Monty a shock as they had just joined us for the conclusion of the race.

a quick bike and turbo change and were all back in action.

At this point I announce its the last 15 minutes and we quicken the pace :oops:

Just as this 15 minutes elapse i suddenly rember theres anothe 15 minutes to go :-?

A second last 15 minutes is not so well recieved by the bunch :rockets and we push on to the end.

A four man sprint on the film is matched by a final 4 man sprint on the turbos. A marathon 2 hour plus session is concluded with a stretching session Hello, beer !!

We warm down with some tea and a blether with Monty & Rita Hello, beer !!

before setting out clubrooms for Thursday nights film show and presentation.

ps remind me never to attempt a 2 hour plus turbo session, road riding is so much easier ;-)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Having spent most of the weekend in bed 'no weel' :-( I was feeling sorry for myself missing the Sunday run... until I read this. 8-)

No matter how bad I felt yesterday, it couldn't match a 2 hour :smash turbo session ;-)

Well done the boys. Happy Christmas all, Hello, beer !! and hope to see you Thursday night.

cheers

M