The Thirty Milers - Sunday 12th November

KennyS

I must be honest and say that I'm 50-50 for Sunday as well. The cough I (and those around me) have suffered for the last 6 weeks has got deeper and I'm struggling even walking up the stairs at work. Need to watch myself as well with these Commie Games coming up :lol::lol:

The route is posted. Nowhere that the bunch hasn't been before. Any volunteers from the usual crowd to take the lead for this Sunday?

• 2023 Subscriptions

Time doesn't allow me to join the tour of trossachs team rooms being planned by the later risers ;-) , so count me in too.

12-25ti cassette now fitted to replace last week's semi automatic effort :uzi , hopefully a quieter day to be had. see you chaps at 9:00.

• Members

A 5 strong ( Martin M,Ken Mac,John ,Davie R , Big Bill) 30 milers left the clubrooms at 9:00am and a redevous with the 2 MacDs at Morrisons ( a mechanical waylaid them on route) Now the magnificent 7 ;-) we set off at pace down the track. The young team set a cracking pace at the front ( Martin & James) as we sped wind assisted Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer ! down to Glengarnock. Big Bill and Ken Mac towed the bunch up the climb from Glengarnock and onto the climb over to Dalry road. The 2 MacDs took over pace setting as we cut across to the RNAD circuit, and the bunch worked well as we headed towards Dalry admiring the spectacular views of the Arran alps standing proud in the distance . The climb at back of circuit allowed the legs to be stretched for the first time and James set a high pace followed by Kenny MacD and Davie R who had found his climbing legs and was in no mood to be dropped by the young pretender ;-)

Martin M attacked over the summit turning his big ring to good effect , :roll: so much so he continued to grind it all the way to tailing off the others in the last 50m to the summit . :smash

The MacD tandem was back at the front towing the bunch at pace onto the Lugton road and swinging off as the cold headwind bit into the group.

The spells were kept short and the pace high as we headed straight into the wind and into Burnhouse and a right turn onto the next major col :rockets

The young pretender wound it up on the foothills and soon it was a 3 rider attack. :oops:

Martin M cracked first and then James faltered over the last 50 metres as the wily auld faither came by pushing a bigger gear leaving the youngster twiddling in his wake Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer ! the weekly victory intact for another week. Following a regroupment is was up again into Dunlop.

The Sunday god squad were in full flow and cars abandoned everywhere :shock: suddenly a car approached at speed with only a handlebars space left for yours truly to pass through , Martin M shut his eyes and waited for the worse :roll: fortunately I managed to breath in at last moment and squeeze thru ;-)

We headed round the back of the Dunlop and along the ridge towards Uplawmoor, the temp. was dropping sharply :cry: as we climbed higher and onto the first of 3 Hors category farmwatch stretches of road ( 3 inch thick organically grown top quality sh*t ) ensuring clean bikes all round by mid afternoon ;-) Big Bill and Ken were tailed off approaching summit , but not for long as they swept past the waiting riders at summit and Bill attacked downhill , descending like a demon :angryfire through the next section of farm pave Hello, beer !!

A turn back towards Lugton and a tailwind Oh ya dancer ! run back to the canny man , John bid his goodbyes and headed back to Neilston.

The traditional hilly run in loomed and the group set about climbing the short cut ( wall :rockets ) over to Greenacres, and the run back to Howwood. The group split in 2 as Martin and Davie R along with James headed homeward , followed by the golden oldie trio of the 2 Kenny Macs and Bill ;-)

30 something miles under the wheels ( honest :- kenny S we kept it under 40 and stuck to the map all day ;-) )

riders of the day :- Big Bill who grinds away all day and is the most sincere rider I have ever met, followed closely by Ken Mac and John who quietly go about their business.

Davie R picked up an award for combativity in the climbs Oh ya dancer !

Whilst psuedo racers Mulhooligan and the MacDs shared the KOM awards ;-)

You're at it MacDonald :!::!::!:

I planted one of those James Bond secret tracking thingies on Davie's helmet yesterday and you've obviously been leading the guys astray. The alarms were going off all morning

There'll be no deviations next week if yours truly manages to shake off this cough and can get out my bed after a night of gloious celebration :lol::lol:

• Members

A wee cough , and youve got full blown man flu :rockets

thats 2 weeks running Ive suffered the dreaded ji hi cough and sneeezes and still managed out.

We require a note from your mammy for this unexplained abscence.

:shock:

ps Martin had a newly fitted record cassette :roll: how rich is he !!!on his new winter steed and what a difference it made to his italian stallion.

pps we decided in your abscence route for Decembers away day and its a cracker ( clue :- it involves more than 1 ferry Oh ya dancer ! )

plus plans for the 30 milers xmas film show and night out is well under way Hello, beer !!Hello, beer !!

KennyS,

I am surprised at your anger at our deviation from your posted route! You see a wee birdie told me on Saturday that the route you posted was the WRONG one, and we actually took the route you MEANT to post. Is there any truth in this? Or is my feathered friend twittering a load of tosh? Please don't fit any devices again to me, I have enough trouble hauling my own weight up those climbs without you adding more!