Sunday 14 October

David McKellar

• Life Members

Kenny,

The only route I'm sure about is from Newton Mearns to the clubroom, unless the bunch want to ride around the West of Scotland aimlessly for the rest of the day, then I'm glad to plan the route. Oh, didn't you hear about the stunt I pulled down at the Fred Whitton ride ;-);-)........Don't want to give my secrets away you know :lol::lol:

KennyS you should make a good journo....mis-quoting other poeples info...what I said was....

"I'm not really bothered about distance or going fast. As long as there are NO of hills"

Cheers

Chung[/b]

Guest Jim Daly

The 9:30 Bunch set off at 9:33 sharp and made good progress along the cycle track to Kilmacolm. An advance party had gone early at 9:20 and the non-plan was to ambush :rockets the 9:00 starters on the steep pass from Finlayston House.

Exactly in accordane with the non-plan, the whole 9:30 bunch regrouped and sped towards Gleddoch. A rapid reassessment of the attempted ambush :uzi plan saw us then head for West Glen Rd and the gravelly rise back to Kilmacolm where a cafe stop was declined by all in attendance and Lochwinnoch was the next target via a new secret backroad route.

Another cafe was narrowly avoided and the cycle path was the obvious way home.

Frank was keen to keep his heart rate below 60bpm and followed the flatlander route to Houston. I nipped up through Kilbarchan for a circuitous orbit home.

The National Hill Climb Championships were tempting but a bad back and a lack of enthusiasm for the four and a half minutes of additional agony got me home early. :oops: