The Thirty Milers Sunday 2nd September

Ken Mac

Unfortunately I wont be there this week............... I was planning on doing the TT at kilwinning, but with it being cancelled, am thinking of doing the Tour of Tweeddale Sportive, in peebles...........

heres the Link if anyone else fancies it.................

http://www.peeblescycling.org/index.php ... &Itemid=45

Place are still available and entry on the day is accepted!!! £10.00 :grin:

Had a couple of glasses of red as I mapped out Sunday's ride so bear with me.

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-kingdom/johnstone/827369956

Giving the cycle track a miss this week and instead planning to head out the Beith Rd as far as Howwood. An easy introduction to the Club Hill Climb course for all those who haven't ridden it or didn't realise where it was. A regroup at the top before heading over the quieter roads onto the top of the Braes, the Paraffin Lamp (no more :cry: ) Dunlop and then back towards Auchentiber. By this time we'll be lost and looking for the main Irvine - Barrhead road before cutting down to Barrmill for the now familiar run home by Gateside, Greenacres, Howwood, the sprint for the 30 sign at Corseford and then home

It is a wee bit hillier at the start than previous but usual rules apply and we'll all get round together

Looking forward to it. See you Sunday

Kenny

PS It is slightly longer than 30 miles but thought it safer to stick to the larger small roads in case we get really lost ;-)

Well done to all on Sunday morning. Everyone round safely and together as planned. Biggest turnout so far of 10 Hello, beer !! battered up the Howwood Hill Climb before taking in the back roads to Lugton, Dunlop and Auchentiber before heading for home.

Comeback Man Hickey took the sprint for the 30 on the Beith Road (secret training???). I'm sure the upcoming Crit at Glasgow Green is being targeted :lol:

The bike needed a good clean on my return home but an enjoyable morning with at least half of the participants being new to the club in the last few weeks Oh ya dancer !

I won't make it this Sunday as I'm away with work but details will follow shortly on the proposed route

Cheers, KennyS