renfrew Run

Stevie Blom

Hi all ,

since many of scottish cyclists are reading this popular forum for Updates and posts regarding Races and training runs i thought i would post this on behalf of you!

Many have been talking about starting up our Own Anniesland type bunch this side of the bridge....

Ideal run would be steady pace about 4 hours lets say maybe 80-90 mile coast route.

At the moment we have roughly a strong bunch of 12 who will be departing renfrew at usual meeting place (TOilets Accross From POlice)....

Departing time : 10:30 Saturday mornings.

Route would be Renfrew, Bike track to Lochwinnoch en route to Glengarnock , head for Largs down the Heally and along the coast to Ardrossan and make your way back to Johnstone.

Riders so far:

D.McGunson

M.Whitehead

P.Mcdonald

A.Holmes

I.Manson

S.Blom

J.Cusick

I.Sim

S.Reid

Black Boab

Les Muir

The Entire Clones From the Rock hard MTB Club - about 6...

i can manage it from the 18th November on wards - Got other touring plans before this going on.

Spread the word as this could be a cracker of a run.

Cheers,

Stevie

• Members

A cautionary note !!!

recently there have been a few accidents on cycle track involving cyclists,dogs and walkers. If a large chaingang is going to use the track at speed , please take extreme care and warn people well in advance. If any altercations take place remember that the track is for all users and the actions of a small minority will effect all bike users . JWCC is local club and gets blame for every incident ( rightly or wrongly ) that occurs in our catchment area , so please be sensible.

• 2 months later...

Stevie the new route is nae going into johnstone! Are we not splitting up at the Paraffin Lamp? I thought we had discussed this?I thought the plan was to stay on the main roads in order for the wheel about.

Anyway we can fight this out tomorrow!!!!

see you then mate

Barry,

We shall find out tomorrow whats best and which route to take a bunch safely.

Will discuss this tonight again with blackman but dont worry it will be a good ride but split at the lamp is ok for those who need to get back to Glasgow etc but the main bunch usually ends up in Johnstone like last yr.

See you in the morn.

S>