Lochore 4th Dec 2016

Alan McLean

• Committee

National Champs this time so all the grown-ups are going to be there and give me a kicking.

Too late to enter now folks but a few of us will be there for a pan flat grass fest. The course is essentially three fields  set out like Glasgow Airport security channels in a Mandelbrotian spiral of madness. Or think what MC Escher would have done with 5k of flicker tape and 500 stakes.

Main hazards, other than snapped hanger, will be the vertigo-induced nausea and Matrix style deja vu as the same riders and features appear to advance and then recede.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Committee

Top ten at first corner (real mental holeshot) then punctured and DNF.

First race of the series at which I did not have a spare bike or wheels. Cheered on the small JWCC posse of Martin, Mike and, later, Paul. Also Danny M, ex-Jet who did not overtake me Ohyadancer!

Absolutely gorgeous day with low sun and no wind. Frost stopped the grass getting too cut up. Spirals of multicoloured racers through the meadows.

Not going to Mull so end of this year's racing for me.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Top JW finisher of the day in the v50+ was our Mike. and he's v60+. Enjoyable race - all flat so I could just stay out of the red throughout. And it took Danny until the last lap to lap me. I'll take that as progress on my part.

Not going to Mull either, so looking forward to the Soup or Quiche series in the new year.