Chain gang. 16th April 6.15pm

charlie p

Does Billy's bum look bigger in his new shoes?

Ian - I can't remember a break away ever getting away and sticking. Paul McD, Darryl and I made a valiant effort a few years back and mananged to get on to the Georgetown proper beyond Houston before a McBagel led chase reeled us in. Genuinely thought we 3 were away that evening. Billy must have burned a season's worth of matches during that effort as the 3 us were fair motoring and working well as a group. There will have been one or two suicidial long sprints that will have succeeded, but very few I'd imagine.

I think for a break to get away and survive we'd need to dispense with the Clune regroup. Even then the lights at BoW might scupper things. Still, the mad break for home from the lights does add something to proceedings.

• 2023 Subscriptions

Greg Balden attacked at rise into Houston a couple of years ago- I just got on his wheel, gave him about 3 token spells down the Georgetown and we stayed away to the end where he sailed away from me under the bridge and left me a broken but still 2nd position man :)