Track league, 11th March

AlanT

• 2023 Subscriptions

Not such a good night tonight. Spectacular get off in the points race left me with bent forks and a buckled front wheel. And various bits of body damage. And a splinter of track wood in my leg that I found when I got home. Hopefully, I can get the repairs done before next week.....

• 2023 Subscriptions

A magnificent superman flying impersonation from Alan. I feared for the track. Seriously at least the big man is ok. Emma came down in same spill but she was relatively ok too thankfully. And both were well up in the first race of the night.

Thanks for the loan of wheels Darryl, happy to report they survived the evening without incident !

:)

• 2023 Subscriptions

Hope you are both ok and not feeling too sore tomorrow morning - certainly looked spectacular so it was good to see you both back on feet so quickly. And Emma racing the next race too, chapeau!

Racing passed me by a bit tonight, felt reasonably good but didnt do anything in the points. Scratch started off with a crash in the roll out lap then was in the wrong side of a big split with about 5 laps to go (caused by lapped rider dropping into the line then losing the wheel in front so a bit frustrating) managed to close it just in time for the sprint to start by which time i couldnt go. Last a devil, tried to ride it from the front and stay out of trouble but a couple of others had the same idea and about half way through i didnt defend the position well enough and got boxed in, couple of laps later i was out. The eliminations every lap rather than every second lap are so unforgiving!