200km Audax - Forth and Tay - 8th Mar 2015

• Life Members

Alan, that looks good! But a bit early in the season to do a 200km for me & also at the same time as the Don Smith :-(

Never actually cycle in those part of the country, looks very good though ........... if only it was another date!

Sorry I cannot join you, have a good one & take care on the road.

Cheers

Chung

Alan

Will see you there, First pbp qualifying ride it’s got some niece scenery.

There’s a 200km also on 28th march see auk web site.

Ps Alan hope to be out this Sunday just to get some distance in my legs & see if I can keep up with the 9:30 group see you there if your there.

Campbell

• 3 weeks later...

ALL

SHORT REPORT OF FIRST OF THE PBP QUALIFYING RIDES COMPLETED THERE ON SUNDAY 8TH MAY IT WAS A 209KM (130 MILES)

THE ROUTE WENT FROM DALMENY ON THE FORTH TO DOLLER IN FIFE VIA THE FORTH ROAD BRIDGE THEN OVER TO AUCHTERARDER VIA GLEN EAGLES. THEN A COASTAL RUN ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE TAY TO TAYPORT WITH SOME SUPER VIEWS ON THIS STRETCH FROM THERE TO ST ANDREWS FOR SOME FOOD, 85 MILES DONE BY THIS POINT. THEN IT WAS IN TO A HEAVY WESTERLY TO FALKLAND (105 MILES) MORE FOOD AS THERE IS A LONG CLIMB OVER THE LOMOND HILLS THEN IT WAS DOWN HILL TO THE BRIDGE AND BACK TO DALMENY. FOR SOME COFFEE (130 MILES).

ALAN FOX & I COMPLETED THIS RIDE WITH HEAVY LEGS BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT 200KM ON SAT 28TH MARCH – MORE PASSES THAN MASTERMIND.

IT WAS OUR LONGEST RIDE THIS YEAR SO FAR.

CAMPBELL