More new track records for jwcc

Jim B

Kayleigh was riding the track league at Meadowbank tonight and was given the chance to ride two flying laps over the both the 250 and 200 metres distances. The weather was pretty good and fairly warm so she gave it a go.

She rode the 250 which had been held at 19.39 secs by her friend Eileen Roe of Edinburgh Racers since the Cat recognition date in 2002 and delivered a new record time for her Cat with a time of 18.09 secs.

She later went on to do a bit of racing before tackling the 200 where despite a bit of a slow start she recovered very well to deliver a time of 15.27secs which beat the existing time for her category of 18.50secs and also the Youths all ages record which had stood at 15.95 secs since 2000.

She is a bit too modest to mention this but she now hold all 4 scottish youth track records for her Cat and a further Youth girls record for the overall cat giving her a total of 5 Scottish records. Not a bad first year !! Oh ya dancer !

Jim B

So when you going to give it a go Messrs DCI Brogan??

Must be in the family when you start something you do it in style Hello, beer !!

Superb Kayleigh and i hope you stick in and keep the heid for next year which will be Something else.

i have my doubts if i will be able to hang on to her wheel at glengarnock in February :oops:

Stevie B.

Well done Kayleigh,,, very very impressive stuff.

Remember (he said fearfully) those Autumn/Winter training runs are long, slow steady miles.

No sprinting up the hill at Westferry :rockets

Be even worse now you know there are a couple of false flats :-?

Well done though and be sure to keep it up.

It seems to have been a year for the ladies again with Aileen and Kat turning in great performances too.

No offence Scott, Donald, Paul, Stevie, Darryl, Al, George who themselves have had some great results..