Coaching courses 2014

Jannza

• Administrators

Hi all,

This is a long email with a lot of important information regarding various coaching courses. I have put headings for the different levels of course so you can skip irrelevant bits but please look to the bottom to ensure you don’t miss anything of interest.

Level 2

There will be another Level 2 coaching course running in the West on 30th & 31st August with Day 3 on 22nd November. This will be in Glasgow with exact location tbc.

The cost of this course is £420 with £100 being refunded by Scottish Cycling on successful completion of the course.

Application forms must be submitted 3 weeks before the start of the course (Sunday 10th August for this course). This is to allow candidates to complete the pre-course reading and therefore is not a flexible deadline.

Level 2 DSU

There are a number of DSUs running in the West in the Autumn details below;

Road & TT – 27th & 28th September, Glasgow (deadline for application 7th September)

BMX – 4th & 5th October, Cumbernauld (deadline for application 14th September)

Please note the deadline for these applications. This is not a flexible deadline.

The cost of all DSUs is £210. There is no funding available from SC for these courses.

Level 3

SC are looking at capacity to run a Level 3 this year. We are currently trying gauge interest therefore if you know of anyone who may be interested in a Level 3 please let me know. I am looking for specific names, rather than a generic ’we may have a couple of interested people’ please J

Application Forms

Application forms for all courses are available here -http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/zuvvi/media/scottishcycling/Coaching_Course_Dates_2014_09052014.pdf

Please note there is a 3 weeks deadline for all courses to be submitted. This is not a flexible deadline therefore I would recommend that if you know of any interested candidates you suggest they submit an application form asap.

Funding

External funding may be available for candidates on these courses. However these funding sources usually require an application form to be submitted well in advance. Again I would suggest thinking about this sooner rather than later. I am happy to provide advice on the most suitable funding sources.

As usual, any questions please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Sophie

Jan,

If you are responding to Sophie on behalf of the club I'd be interested in the DSU for Road and TT to tack onto my Level 2 assuming I am successful. Also interested in the Level 3 course.

If the club are willing to support me through these on the same basis as the level 2 course then I'm happy to have my name put forward at this time, subject of course to successful completion of level 2. Also happy to explore the alternative external funding sources if necessary.

Mark