Confined APR Thu 30th June

Tony

Hi Ian,

The more the better id say to get a good apr going.

Unless anyone else has a problem with that then say SO!

Bird n Hand is a Hotel.

If you was coming to Johnstone from Elderslie then take the left lane at traffic lights entering Johnstone.

Follow that rd for about a mile , on the right hand side of that rd (Beith Rd) you will see a small park Bench.

This is just next to the Bird n Hand Hotel.

Will meet you there??

Send us a pm if you get stuck with directions and i will take note of mobile numbers?

Stevie B>

Jim

APR stands for Australian Pursuit Race. The idea is that a slow group head off first then after a predetermined gap a second faster group goes and so on and so on. In theory if the handicapping is spot on all the cyclists will be contending the final sprint. This doesn't usually happen. Each rider in the group has to work together taking turns at the front (wheeling about) to keep the average speed to a max. In other words you have to work with the others in your group to stay out in front for as long as possible (or to allow you to catch the group in front) and then it's everyone for themselves on the sprint to the line.

The key is you need a reasonable number of bodies to make it worthwhile. I'm packing for my holidays tonight and leaving early tomorrow so I'll not be there tonight but watch out for more posts.

Cheers

Stephen H

4 people turned up - me (big dave) *big al - ex row row row ya boat or "big man in the boat!!!" - * jim - born again cyclist and the young prodigy - lyam (i'mm dizlegzic) ;-)

3.5 laps. it was desided because of numbers we would ride 2 laps hard to gether and then the last lap was teams - me and jim v other 2. everything went to plan but there was an atack by al on the final climb of the last climb of the second last lap :-o after my effort on the front. NOT AS IF I WAS BLOWING OUT MY AR*E i kind of let al go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :oops: cos this in my opionion was still a nutral zone. liam followed al and jim sat up waiting for me. al and liam continued to blast the pace in a two up time trial. me and jim met up at the top and followed as best we could. but we never caught the sneeky leaders and they finished over a minute ahead. there was no dought i was the weaker rider - i feel a bit sorry for jim getting paired with a duffer like me! al said at the finnish he thought the race was nutral for the first 2 laps and then there was a race for the last 1 1/2. - oh well

at has to be said well done al - your lost 2 stone in 2 months and you have suprise me how well fat people can ride- as a fellow fatty like your self who for some vauige reasion temporarily let him self go as well, you give me hope for what i can do - i have only lost 1 1/2 stone in 2 months - i feel as i have let the fit club down. 8 weeks ago we could have entered a sumo competition!!!

also its great to see liam commitment and hunger to sucsess on the bike. hes an ex rugby player like me - without the broken noise and facial scars / bad knees / back / liver!!!!! :oops: - if anyone has any spare unused bike bits the i'm sure a donation or long team lone to help him get his first bike will be welcomed - he's only 16 - a summer job would help - he's borrowing his dads at the moement which i'm sure pins him "dont ride it in the rain son or your out" :lol:

Well Dave, I was pretty sure that we had decided that only the first 2 laps were neutral, and having done just about 2.5 I thought it was fair? I'm sure Liam would agree!!! ;-)

As for the other race, willing to put a wager on who'll reach 14 stone first? :grin:

Don't worry Dave, I'm sure you'll get your revenge next week for the chocolate series! Bring it on!!!!! Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !Oh ya dancer !

Good luck tomorrow Liam, sure you'll enjoy your first real race! Give em hell :rockets

Cheers Hello, beer !!

Al